Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure whether I should get it serviced at the local garage or at Nissan.
And does anyone know what they do for 5 yr.
Thanks Simon

·
Registered
15 Posts
They change a cabin filter that cost less than £5 online. Top up the screen wash, and then rub their hands together and ring the till.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
7,743 Posts
They change a cabin filter that cost less than £5 online. Top up the screen wash, and then rub their hands together and ring the till.
At least Hyundai also gives the car a mini valet and ticks the box giving you another years' recovery with Green Flag. As well as keep the warranty in place of course.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi was hoping someone would know. As I understand it there is an oil change in the motor gearing.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
At least Hyundai also gives the car a mini valet and ticks the box giving you another years' recovery with Green Flag. As well as keep the warranty in place of course.
We get the mini valet too, and the recovery service - do you also get a video? I had an engineer point a GoPro at my car for 3 secs and say " everything fine". LOL

Seriously tho for the OP I only use Nissan token up my battery warranty, when it expires if we still had the car it would be MOT and brake fluid when needed.

The reduction gear oil should last the cars life but you can pay to have it done if you want to be sure.

Reactions: JDleaf

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
7,743 Posts
We get the mini valet too, and the recovery service - do you also get a video? I had an engineer point a GoPro at my car for 3 secs and say " everything fine". LOL
When I had the Leaf six years ago I got a vid from Nissan for the first service. Not for the second though and I exchanged it for the Ioniq before the third was due. Hyundai doesn't bother.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too had my Leaf serviced at my local Nissan dealer last September to maintain the extended warranty, and I got a spiffing short video via e-mail of my car in their service bay with the comment that everything was satisfactory. The only thing the video did for me was to confirm my view that the Leaf is a somewhat ugly motor vehicle LOL.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I too had my Leaf serviced at my local Nissan dealer last September to maintain the extended warranty, and I got a spiffing short video via e-mail of my car in their service bay with the comment that everything was satisfactory. The only thing the video did for me was to confirm my view that the Leaf is a somewhat ugly motor vehicle LOL.
I LOVED my 42 second video. They had the car up on the ramp and they took a video as they wandered around underneath it commenting on each corner and telling how everything was going to be just fine. It was genuinely fun to see the underside of the old girl.

This was the car's 4 year service with MoT and it was £250 all in and included the recovery service. I'll be honest that's fine by me, though soon as the battery warranty is out, I'll be going local indy and just getting a fluid change with the Mot.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts