Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking at potentially getting a Leaf and was in the Nissan dealers yesterday. When I enquired about the chargers that they supply I was told that they cost £350 and if I am with Ovo energy that it is free to charge overnight. Now I can't find anymore information on this tariff with Ovo. Has anyone else heard this?

Thanks

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38kW EV
126 Posts
Hmm.. think you have been misinformed... :)

I think what they meant is that if you joined OVO (or if you are with them already) and choose their EV Everywhere package then you would either get a choice of a free Smart charger or 2 years worth of Polar membership. EV Everywhere | Electricity bundle for electric car owners.

They do have an offer whereby if you purchase a Outlander PHEV they will "give" you 10000 miles of energy, which I would assume would be in the form of a credit.

Of course, if you have solar or battery storage, then you could have free energy...

PS - other energy suppliers are available :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Of course, if you have solar ... then you could have free energy...
... on a clear day, in summer, when the car is parked in the drive and not being driven. Largely mythology as a typical summer's day will have a good bit of mixed cloud so you'd need to buy an expensive intelligent charger to manage the process, and be unlikely to get your money back on the investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts