Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Nissan CARE-EV to borrow an ICE? I understand that they will let you use at least a Note for up to 14 days a year. I am moving down from a XC90 so an occasional loan of a Combi, X-Trail or Navara would be handy for the occasional big shop at IKEA.

A weekend of a 370Z would be nice too, but I guess that's just being cheeky :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I did need to borrow an ICE on this scheme for a weekend to drop my son at uni. But in the end the Leaf needed a warranty fix so I borrowed a Note over the weekend as a courtesy car so didn't use up any of my 14 days ;)

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
Hi, Yep I've used it a few times since we got our Leaf. Mostly we have had Notes, we have had an X Trail for a week. I think it all depends on what the dealer has available at any one time. Our dealer says that we can borrow a car whenever but they can only cover insurance for 14 days per calender year but is happy if we sorted our own insurance to borrow one over this 14 day allowance.

Our dealer is very pro EV and is keen to make the Leaf work for its customers.

·
Super Moderator
12,016 Posts
Yes. We ended up with the salesperson's Juke as their demos were all out when we arrived.

I wouldn't count on anything larger than Note but you can ask. It is very much up to the individual dealership.

Ikea delivers AND has rapid chargers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not worked for me so far. Tried before and answer was no.

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
Not worked for me so far. Tried before and answer was no.
Sounds like your dealer needs to read the Nissan CARE - EV document. Or find a dealer that actually wants your repeat business.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Has anyone used the Nissan CARE-EV to borrow an ICE? I understand that they will let you use at least a Note for up to 14 days a year. I am moving down from a XC90 so an occasional loan of a Combi, X-Trail or Navara would be handy for the occasional big shop at IKEA.

A weekend of a 370Z would be nice too, but I guess that's just being cheeky :)
Hi @Tattersky
The loan of an ICE car is dependent on participating dealers so do check with your local dealership. You can find more T&Cs here: http://www.nissan.co.uk/content/dam/services/gb/brochure/Nissan_Care_EV_T_and_Cs.pdf
Any further questions, please do let us know.
Thanks
^GH

·
Registered
220 Posts
I spoke to the Nissan dealer local to my place of work (not the supplying dealer) and they said that they'd only supply a car if I'd purchased the car through them. :( I spoke to Nissan GB before the car arrived and they gave the impression that they could help, we shall see...

·
Super Moderator
5,910 Posts
I spoke to the Nissan dealer local to my place of work (not the supplying dealer) and they said that they'd only supply a car if I'd purchased the car through them. :( I spoke to Nissan GB before the car arrived and they gave the impression that they could help, we shall see...
Matthew if you put the @ in front of any members name they will get an Alert flag, ie @NissanGB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts