Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the numpty question but I've been searching for a location to charge my Outlander PHEV in Guildford whilst I taxi-drive for my teenagers and came across this http://chargemap.com/points/results. Now I knew about the existence of the Nissan charging points but had always assumed they are open to Nissan drivers only, but this entry seems to suggest anyone can use the one in Guildford. Is this correct, does anyone know or am I right? It's pretty conveniently located for the town centre :D

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Only way to tell for certain is to call up and ask. Every dealer has their own rules. Someone here might know about Guildford though???

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Zapmap usually has a friendly little tag to tell you who the charger is for.

Is it at Bishops Nissan in Walnut Tree Close? Zap-map mentions only a 7kw charger and says it'a for Nissan customers only. I have no idea if other brands would be turned away, but lots of the Nissan dealers' machines have the Chademo port only.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
All have a CHAdeMO port only on the rapid charger but they normally also have a 7kW post next to it :)

I wouldn't trust what you read on Zap-Map or any other map tbh. They are only as up to date as the last update for that location and that can be ages ago. Always call ahead whenever you want to use a charger to get the latest info. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm all the time calling before coming in, recently used the toyota dealer in Grimsby, on the zap-map it was saying"toyota only". When I called I've been told if I have a card (it was Plugged in Midlands, but labeled as a chargemaster, I needed to call to chargemaster to"add my card, because it's registered as a peugeot, not toyota) I can plug in:) didn't try at nissans there yet. My local nissan is letting me to charge, but asking do not block the road, that the others would be able pass politely:) even online it says nissan only:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts