Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Two Nissan Leaf e+
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a north east Leaf 62 driver who really likes my car, today's news (on an otherwise depressing news day, let's be honest) about Nissan committing to Sunderland feels really good. The associated story about them developing nearby battery production is equally pleasing. That does seem to signal a long term commitment.

Let's see if Nissan can now be persuaded to produce the Ariya in this country; they'll sell many more if they do.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Let's see if Nissan can now be persuaded to produce the Ariya in this country; they'll sell many more if they do.
Do we really want them to sell more SUVs? It already feels like everyone and their mother around the North East owns a qashqai with the excuse of supporting local manufacturing. Sure it would be better if they were all electric instead but i'm getting bored of seeing the unnecessarily large things everywhere now!

I do agree though, it is good news. I really was starting to think that the B word would close the Sunderland plant down for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.