Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Our 2017 Leaf 30kW passed the 3 year mark in July this year. When the Nissan Connect EV app stopped refreshing, I realised I had to resubscribe to Nissan Connect EV online (which I did), but after one or two days I stopped being able to refresh again (last update 29 August 2020). Since then all data (% charge, remote aircon, telemetry) has been completely inaccessible through the app or the You+Nissan website. I started a case with the Nissan Connect EV team, who checked everything was working okay their end, and suggested that the problem was the TCU in the car. I've had the car looked at by the master tech at Bristol Street Motors Chesterfield today and they've just informed me that they were told while investigating the issue that the Nissan Connect EV app has been discontinued for all 2013 to 2017 Leafs.

I asked if there were any plans for a replacement and they said they hadn't been told. They also said this was the first time someone had reported this particular issue with the Nissan Connect EV app and that they were "as surprised as I was" with the response from Nissan Technical Services.

I've not been charged for the pick up and drop off of my car, or for any work done, but I'm frankly shocked that they would just cancel this service without announcement. I'm well aware the app was slow to respond and received poor feedback online, but it still had some benefits. I wouldn't be against moving to a third party software, but without communication with a Nissan server I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues? Any other suggestions for what I could try?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: just read notes on the return of the vehicle and it appears to be a case of misinformation; Nissan Connect (infotainment system app) has been discontinued, but Nissan Connect EV appears to still be active. That said, the vehicle is still not communicating information to the Nissan Connect EV app, but everything car side seems okay.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sounds like they don't know what they're talking about. The Nissan Connect EV app is still working fine on my 2016 30kWh Leaf and only a couple of months ago I renewed (for free) the connected services until 2028...

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,471 Posts
Agreed. The service is working fine.. There was an issue last year and I raised an issue and was kept in loop while it was looked at and fixed. No issues since. I use My Leaf by @Tobiaswk

·
Registered
24 kWh Nissan Leaf; Tesla Model 3
121 Posts
Ah - maybe that's why my iOS app seems to have stopped working for my 2015 Leaf. Is it obvious where to renew the connected services on Nissan's website?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have the same problem (2017 Black Edition). No connection since the 14 September although it does report it has stopped charging.

Have been in communincation with Nissan who after going through the usual checks have decided it is most likely the TCU and referred it back to the local dealer. They are due to collect it soon for an examination

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

Our 2017 Leaf 30kW passed the 3 year mark in July this year. When the Nissan Connect EV app stopped refreshing, I realised I had to resubscribe to Nissan Connect EV online (which I did), but after one or two days I stopped being able to refresh again (last update 29 August 2020). Since then all data (% charge, remote aircon, telemetry) has been completely inaccessible through the app or the You+Nissan website. I started a case with the Nissan Connect EV team, who checked everything was working okay their end, and suggested that the problem was the TCU in the car. I've had the car looked at by the master tech at Bristol Street Motors Chesterfield today and they've just informed me that they were told while investigating the issue that the Nissan Connect EV app has been discontinued for all 2013 to 2017 Leafs.

I asked if there were any plans for a replacement and they said they hadn't been told. They also said this was the first time someone had reported this particular issue with the Nissan Connect EV app and that they were "as surprised as I was" with the response from Nissan Technical Services.

I've not been charged for the pick up and drop off of my car, or for any work done, but I'm frankly shocked that they would just cancel this service without announcement. I'm well aware the app was slow to respond and received poor feedback online, but it still had some benefits. I wouldn't be against moving to a third party software, but without communication with a Nissan server I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues? Any other suggestions for what I could try?
Hi all.

Just joined the site and I can share some good news I've just uncovered on exactly this.
I have experienced the same issue that my car had stopped communicating to 'Nissan Connect EV' app
After giving up on it months ago, and cussing Nissan for (according to local dealer) not supporting the older app, I decided to call NIssan when I saw their new app was out. It didnt seem to work or recognise my VIN number.
Following a fairly straight forward call with Nissan Europe the explanation is as follows.

-The 'Nissan Connect EV' app automatically comes with a new car with 36 months free subscription to access the connectivity features. After which ...a simple call to Nissan Europe 0330 123 1231 to confirm name, email address, VIN number etc and they will subscribe you for a further 99 months, just like that. Took 10 minutes and I think it now works faster than I've ever seen it. A quick win!

- however.... the new shiny improved 'Nissan Connect' (without the EV bit) is only for models 2019 onwards. So forget that. At least the old clunky app works at least!

Hope that you all find the same quick fix.

Any queries just ask.

Cheers

EVfutures

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi everyone and thanks for your feedback so far - just to confirm that I resubscribed to the Nissan Connect EV app by the following method ( @DenkiJidousha I hope this helps):

login to You+Nissan. ( https://login.nissan.co.uk/) Once logged in, there is a section called “connected car” that has a “connect” button - you can see that the status of mine is currently “active”. If you click “Connect”, you can then scroll down to the section called “My Subscriptions” where you can renew your subscription after the 36 month initial period has expired. (@EVfuture, I think this is the same as calling Nissan Europe and renewing over the phone, but I think I’ll call tomorrow just to confirm - thanks for the information).

You can see that my expiry has now been updated and that my subscription is labelled active, but that no data appears for battery percentage or telemetry. As stated previously, after I renewed the service seemed to work for one or two days, and then stopped communicating completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I see your issue is ongoing. Well I'll be honest the two times I've called Nissan Europe (7 days a week I believe), the operators were brilliant. Knew what to do and sorted it over the phone right then. Sadly that is rare these days.
Hopefully a call to them will prove equally as fruitful for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks @EVfuture 👍
I’ve just realised by checking my call history that I actually spoke to this Nissan number earlier this week to confirm that the Nissan Connect EV hadn’t been discontinued - I completely agree, the attendant I spoke with was super professional and brilliantly helpful; they’re still investigating at the moment so might be able to update in the coming days.

A few things to mention about our case that might also be relevant: we’re the second owners of the car; we had to get the car disconnected from the old owner’s account after we bought the car; when the car was reallocated to our account we were able to get battery percentage and aircon controls updates at first, but no telemetry; telemetry only became accessible after a further enquiry by Nissan around April this year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like there's more going on for you. Although saying that I too was the 2nd owner and the previous owner was also still registered. I think I just rang them up straight away and did all the registering, logging on etc while they were talking me through it. Maybe they did/adjusted something else that avoided any future errors during that process.. May take an hour on the phone going through things.
I think I sat in my car with the phone on loudspeaker with a cuppa and my laptop going through it all. I'm sure that the data capture they harvest must make it worth it for them to provide such a comprehensive after sales service for this facility.
Hope you get it sorted. Sounds like it's all in hand though

·
Registered
24 kWh Nissan Leaf; Tesla Model 3
121 Posts
Hi everyone and thanks for your feedback so far - just to confirm that I resubscribed to the Nissan Connect EV app by the following method ( @DenkiJidousha I hope this helps):

login to You+Nissan. ( https://login.nissan.co.uk/) Once logged in, there is a section called “connected car” that has a “connect” button - you can see that the status of mine is currently “active”. If you click “Connect”, you can then scroll down to the section called “My Subscriptions” where you can renew your subscription after the 36 month initial period has expired. (@EVfuture, I think this is the same as calling Nissan Europe and renewing over the phone, but I think I’ll call tomorrow just to confirm - thanks for the information).
Thank you, but I must have an older car than you? 2015 Leaf: At the page with "Connected Car" and "Connect", mine has the CarWings logo (and says status "Active"). On my phone the connect red button fails (goes to a generic Nissan page), on my computer it goes to the old ugly yellow and blue page at You+Nissan - but not logged in. The login top left takes me back to square one (the red and white Nissan pages).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Call Nissan Europe 0330 123 1231

Tell them you want to register your 2015 Leaf to use 'Nissan Connect EV'.
Say your confused and want to start it all from the beginning and then they will guide you through it as you do it, registering an account on You+ , syncing the VIN number to your account, and anything else that needs setting up. They'll stay with you until you've tested it and seen it working.
Expect to take about an hour and you'll be sorted by the end of the call hopefully. 👍

1 - 14 of 14 Posts