Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been looking at using the nissan connect ev app or my laptop to control the charging remotely on my E-NV200. Do I have to have the sat nav display to be able to use the app. I have the Acenta model which doesn't have the big screen with sat nav etc on it.
Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ian,

I was in the same position, my van not having the telemetry connection with Nissan i.e without the big screen. I have just installed an OVMS box https://www.openvehicles.com/ which provides remote control of heating/charging along with other feature (e.g location)Simple enough installation buy convoluted/confusing set up instructions. Works better/quicker than the Nissan connect system and can also interface with ABRP to give real time charge level data.
I have also added an aftermarket cruise/speed limiter, again as my model did not have this as standard:
Cheers
David

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian,

I was in the same position, my van not having the telemetry connection with Nissan i.e without the big screen. I have just installed an OVMS box https://www.openvehicles.com/ which provides remote control of heating/charging along with other feature (e.g location)Simple enough installation buy convoluted/confusing set up instructions. Works better/quicker than the Nissan connect system and can also interface with ABRP to give real time charge level data.
I have also added an aftermarket cruise/speed limiter, again as my model did not have this as standard:
Cheers
David
Hi David,

Thanks for the info. I only took delivery of my 2020 Acenta model a couple of days ago and at that time the thought of having a remote control for charging & climate control etc seemed appealing. Since then I found that the key fob can be used to turn on the climate control and since I always plug it in at home to charge after every journey, I don't think I'll realy need remote charging. I already have cruise control on the Acenta which is a nice bonus.

Keep safe

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.