Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some help please. I have just bought an almost new Leaf from a dealership with a very low mileage. I have been trying to get the car to connect to Nissan Connect Services from my mobile, however, I go through all of the steps including generating a connecting code and clicking on Activate, I then get a message, "Sorry could not add your new vehicle, please try again". Any thoughts please? (I have paired my mobile to the car)

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,538 Posts
I t seem to remember when I took delivery of my ex demo Leaf, that the car initially needs a wifi internet connection to talk to Nissan's server. My BT hub was out of range so I used the "wifi hot spot' feature on my smartphone which provides a 4G internet connection.
Once the server has made the connection and received the car's sim data, it can then connect via 3g/4g thereafter. (your phone doesn't eve talk to the car directly, but via Nissan's server (apart from via BT as a phone)
The other issue could be that the previous owner has not removed the vehicle from his app.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I t seem to remember when I took delivery of my ex demo Leaf, that the car initially needs an internet connection to talk to Nissan's server. My BT hub was out of range so I used the "wifi hot spot' feature on my smartphone which provides a 4G internet connection.
Once the server has made the connection and received the car's sim data, it can then connect via 3g/4g thereafter. (your phone doesn't eve talk to the car directly, but via Nissan's server (apart from via BT as a phone)
The other issue could be that the previous owner has not removed the vehicle from his app.
Thank you for your reply, I did wonder about needing a wifi connection, as with you, my BT signal is just out of reach. I will try to get a usable signal and let you know how I get on, thanks again.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,538 Posts
Check your phone settings for an entry called "portable hot spot" turn it on and then in the car go into the connections menu and select wifi. Your phone should be listed so choose this and follow the instructions for the password/pin. It takes the server a few minutes to do its thing.
You might have to get a new car connection code as I guess this is used to link your phone app with the car via the server. It would have been good if Nissan could have actually provided instructions because I cannot find any in either the main owners manual ot Nissan Connect manual.
The app is quite good: its excellent being able to remotely turn on the heating and check the charging status, however, it is quite slow to respond. For exmple. the heating comes on well before the app shows it active.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your phone settings for an entry called "portable hot spot" turn it on and then in the car go into the connections menu and select wifi. Your phone should be listed so choose this and follow the instructions for the password/pin. It takes the server a few minutes to do its thing.
You might have to get a new car connection code as I guess this is used to link your phone app with the car via the server. It would have been good if Nissan could have actually provided instructions because I cannot find any in either the main owners manual ot Nissan Connect manual.
The app is quite good: its excellent being able to remotely turn on the heating and check the charging status, however, it is quite slow to respond. For exmple. the heating comes on well before the app shows it active.
Thank you for that. After driving the car onto the lawn I managed to get a good signal, so off I went through all of the stages in my mobile, but when I attempted to go to the "generate a pairing code, the option of "account information" had disappeared. I Had reported the problem to Nissan, but they were talking about weeks to sort it out, and told me not to try to connect, but me being me, sod that, so Nissan must have somehow deleted the pairing ability. I will keep you posted to my progress. When I had a Jaguar I thought their support was bad, but Nissan don't appear to be any better.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,538 Posts
Thank you for that. After driving the car onto the lawn I managed to get a good signal, so off I went through all of the stages in my mobile, but when I attempted to go to the "generate a pairing code, the option of "account information" had disappeared. I Had reported the problem to Nissan, but they were talking about weeks to sort it out, and told me not to try to connect, but me being me, sod that, so Nissan must have somehow deleted the pairing ability. I will keep you posted to my progress. When I had a Jaguar I thought their support was bad, but Nissan don't appear to be any better.
It might be worth resetting the Nissan Connect to factory default and starting from scratch if its possible. Also uninstall the phone app and then re-install it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It might be worth resetting the Nissan Connect to factory default and starting from scratch if its possible. Also uninstall the phone app and then re-install it.
All now sorted. I threatened to return the car, (Because the dealers are unable to open, they giving 14 days to return the car if you don't like it, for a full refund). That had the desired effect. Thanks very much for your ideas, much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts