Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blade
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GET PAIRING CODE FROM CAR
GET THE PAIRING CODE
Now, it’s time to pair your Nissan with the NissanConnect Services App. Please ensure your vehicle is in an area with good connectivity.
Turn on your infotainment system and from the homepage, select: Info > NissanConnect Services > Information Channels > Account Information > Car Pairing Code.
If the ‘Account Information’ folder is not visible, you will need to 'Update Channel List'. To do this, select: Settings > NissanConnect Services > Information Channel > Edit Channel List > Update Channel List > Yes.
The ‘Account Information’ folder should now be visible.

·
Blade
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry - I am following the above procedure but when I click on ‘Information Channels’ I get three folders - ZERO EMISSION - ROUTE PLANNER - GOOGLE MAPS.

Critically, I don’t get the ‘ACCOUNT INFORMATION’ folder. I have updated the channel list and still no joy. Any advice for this problem will be much appreciated.

jak
Thanks

·
Blade
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok - I seem to have got a bit further - I have managed to generate a folder called ‘Info from NISSAN’ - could this be a different name for the elusive ‘Account Information’ folder? When I click into the folder I get 1 file called ‘Info from NISSAN’ and when I click this a voice says connection to information centre’ then ‘to use service you need to create your account’ - and then two options - ‘Replay’ (which just replays the last message) or ‘Finished’ which takes me back to the ‘Info from Nissan’ file. That leaves me in a circular cul-de-sac.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jak

·
Registered
95 Posts
Seeing that you have posted this on the 24/30kWh forum page, I am assuming you don't have a current generation MY2019/20 Leaf 40kWh or 62kWh variant? If so, then you have downloaded the incorrect version of the app. There are two version - Nissanconnect (which is for all current generation LEAFs), and Nissanconnect EV which is for the older generation variants - and is the one you need to use.

The NissanConnect EV version requires you to register on the You+ website...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Isn't the current app Nissan Connect Services?
It is - but this topic is on the 24/30 kWh page and the new app is only supposed to work on 40/62 kWh cars after May 2019.

Google Play lists 3 different apps - all with similar names - from Nissan and it's really hard work deciding which one you really want (and even harder making it work when you've got it !).

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It is - but this topic is on the 24/30 kWh page and the new app is only supposed to work on 40/62 kWh cars after May 2019...
Indeed, but I was correcting the previous comment which said "There are two version - Nissanconnect (which is for all current generation LEAFs) ...."

·
Registered
95 Posts
From my understanding:

NissanConnect Services (apologies I missed out the services bit) - this is for late MY 2019 (manufactured from May 2019 onwards). These are 40 or 62kWh variants.

NissanConnect EV - this is for 24/30kWh first generation cars along with the 40kWh cars manufactured from 2019 to May 2019.

The op posted his message in the 24/30kWh page, so thus it is clear (s)he is using the incorrect version as the messages (s)he is getting is only seen in the NissanConnect Services app version which has a different way to activate.

Note: agreed that NissanConnect Services is the current version, but this is only compatible with MY2019 40/60kWh variants. So there are 2 versions of the app - one for current versions and one for older versions. Agreed it is rather annoying and somewhat confusing... I guess that the backend software for the newer version / cars is different - hence the need for a new app.

·
Registered
984 Posts
From my understanding:

NissanConnect Services (apologies I missed out the services bit) - this is for late MY 2019 (manufactured from May 2019 onwards). These are 40 or 62kWh variants.

NissanConnect EV - this is for 24/30kWh first generation cars along with the 40kWh cars manufactured from 2019 to May 2019.

The op posted his message in the 24/30kWh page, so thus it is clear (s)he is using the incorrect version as the messages (s)he is getting is only seen in the NissanConnect Services app version which has a different way to activate.

Note: agreed that NissanConnect Services is the current version, but this is only compatible with MY2019 40/60kWh variants. So there are 2 versions of the app - one for current versions and one for older versions. Agreed it is rather annoying and somewhat confusing... I guess that the backend software for the newer version / cars is different - hence the need for a new app.
Not absolutely clear that OP has a 24/30 kWh car ! The Nissan subpages on SpeakEV are almost as confusing as some of Nissan's efforts. Is it possible that OP is using correct app but wrong forum page ?

40kWh cars were manufactured from start of 2018 and all of those before April(?) 2019 use same app as the 24/30 models.

What I find really frustrating is that the webpage for desktop PCs worked a lot better than the app but Nissan no longer let current Leaf models use that ! Indeed, once registered for the PC version, installing the appropriate app was far easier than installing the new app. Hard to believe that the helpdesk staff have to use a mobile to check later cars; if there's a PC version for them, why isn't there one for owners ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts