Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My Eco Friendly Cross Country Transport!
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Nissan are now advertising that the latest Juke can be controlled by Google Home in the UK** using Nissan Connect SERVICES (Not EV). The latest 2019 Leaf also uses Nissan Connect SERVICES so I thought I would try it. But while Google Home responded and asked me to link my Nissan account it went to a Nissan USA site to ask for credentials - and of course my UK credentials don't work. Does anyone know whether it is in fact possible to link to a UK/EU account and control the Leaf through Google Home?

**From the Nissan UK website:

GOOGLE HOME
Not sure if you remembered to lock your Juke? With Google Home⁶, just ask. – Your next generation Nissan Juke will tell you all by voice command. There's a wide variety of things you can do – from sending an address to the Navigation System to running vehicle diagnostics.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed that Nissan are now advertising that the latest Juke can be controlled by Google Home in the UK** using Nissan Connect SERVICES (Not EV). The latest 2019 Leaf also uses Nissan Connect SERVICES so I thought I would try it. But while Google Home responded and asked me to link my Nissan account it went to a Nissan USA site to ask for credentials - and of course my UK credentials don't work. Does anyone know whether it is in fact possible to link to a UK/EU account and control the Leaf through Google Home?

**From the Nissan UK website:

GOOGLE HOME
Not sure if you remembered to lock your Juke? With Google Home⁶, just ask. – Your next generation Nissan Juke will tell you all by voice command. There's a wide variety of things you can do – from sending an address to the Navigation System to running vehicle diagnostics.
So good news, bad news. The good news is there IS a way to link to your European Nissan Connect Service Account. The bad news, it it is then very clear is Nov 2019 and later Juke only at the moment :-( But it does say check back later to see if your vehicle is supported. The URL to link to Google Home/Next/Assistant is

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My Nissan action can be linked to any Google Assistant Device. Use voice control to check the door status, check if your tires are inflated or to flash your lights.
Worst use of voice control ever.

You can use Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi to connect to Nissan servers:
Then, integrate Google Assistant (or Alexa, or both) with your HA:
Finally make anything you want to voice control visible to Google/Alexa.

I've also got a button in the hallway, to turn on Leaf climate control when we are getting ready. It's much easier than loading up the Nissan app or tell voice assistant to do something.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your best source of information would be Google support, I reckon. It may well be US only.
Worst use of voice control ever.

You can use Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi to connect to Nissan servers:
Then, integrate Google Assistant (or Alexa, or both) with your HA:
Finally make anything you want to voice control visible to Google/Alexa.

I've also got a button in the hallway, to turn on Leaf climate control when we are getting ready. It's much easier than loading up the Nissan app or tell voice assistant to do something.
Do you know if this works for the 2019 Leaf? The APIs changed (Nissan Connect Services, rather than Nissan Connect EV) and most third-party apps don't seem to work at the moment.

But sounds like maybe I should have a go.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Sorry, I don't know if it will work with your 2019 Leaf. I've got the original CarWings Leaf.

But there was a Nissan API change in mid-2019, which broke most of third party app support. This integration has since been updated and now continues to work:

You can try asking in that thread.
Or give HASS.io a try, it's very simple to setup if you are familiar with Raspberry Pi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts