Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally some movement but not a full success yet, currently on 30/32 from 17 in one day. Most annoyed about aircon control being one of those 2 remaining to be activated :/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Given that all you can do on the app is see the charging status, turn the climate control on remotely, switch the lights on and/or horn, what are all these 32 services that need to be activated?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mines in polish so be no use to you if I have pasted them here I suppose but there is some stuff about navigation and driving history, parking, google stuff, vehicle stats etc

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ah...okay. I must admit I have totally given up on the driving history especially as the March figures are showing 294 miles using just 0.05 kWH consumed and 30.7 kWh regenerated at a grand total cost of 1 penny !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah I know driving stats are total rubbish don’t know how they even dare present such a useless data. Nissan should have ashamed themselves especially that previous leaf driving history was pretty good if I remember rightly

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Given that all you can do on the app is see the charging status, turn the climate control on remotely, switch the lights on and/or horn, what are all these 32 services that need to be activated?
If you look back at post #95 (on page 5) I attached a screen dump listing them all. But I agree, most of them are pretty useless even if they do work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Has anyone else noticed their app has not worked since the weekend? I just get a spinning logo and nothing else happens.

Have also tried un-installing and re-installing the app when it happened last week but it worked for a day then fell over again.

To those that may consider why I should be needing it - my better half a key worker thus still required to be travelling to and from work - and yesterday was a window scraping day as I could not preheat the car :(

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,478 Posts
My app is working ok. Nissan have furloughed a load of staff though. I have noticed the driving records have disappeared again. It's not logged the last trip mileage at all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks - Weird, just removed and re-installed again and it's loaded this time, but all the data has -- in it... Will have to try a infotainment reboot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hit the circle arrow icon in the battery section and it eventually came through, so just updated now. Can't wait for those that are developing the Home Assistant integration to get something rolling so I can ditch the app!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone else noticed their app has not worked since the weekend? I just get a spinning logo and nothing else happens.

Have also tried un-installing and re-installing the app when it happened last week but it worked for a day then fell over again.

To those that may consider why I should be needing it - my better half a key worker thus still required to be travelling to and from work - and yesterday was a window scraping day as I could not preheat the car :(
Mine been doing the same for quite a while. Reinstall sometimes helps, sometimes not. This app is a garbage and stuck on 31/32 services for two weeks now. In current climate I don’t expect to be fixed before Christmas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone else having issues connecting to NissanConnect Services app today?

Just getting the spinning wheel and no further.

Can't be bothered to log a call with Customer Services as Technical Team haven't responded to my initial issue from January.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is working ok and finally got all the services activated with help from nissan so I can’t really fault them. Also was told that they are working on energy consumption fix but not applied to the latest update yet

·
Registered
118 Posts

Can't be bothered to log a call with Customer Services as Technical Team haven't responded to my initial issue from January.
Mine is fine but did get forced to update!!

I had that a few weeks back and had to reinstall app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts

I’ve had that a few days.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
OK, so here is one of those very basic questions about how this works, which I realise after owning 4 Leafs over 6 years, I still don't get ...

I have my 4kW/16 amp charge point, and the car (post May 19, 40kWh) is set to charge midnight to 7am, which works fine. I've just dug out my 6 amp EVSE and connected it via a WiFi plug top, so I can kick off charging remotely whenever the sun is out and the panels are generating. So, my expectation is that I can remotely switch the EVSE to ON and the car will just ignore it until the overnight period - I'll need to kick-off charging via the Nissan app if I want it to charge during the day, and I can stop charging by setting the WiFi plug top to OFF. Except ...

The car starts charging whenever I set the WiFi plug top to ON - it doesn't wait for the overnight. The overnight timer is set to be active only at my home location* - does the car see the two charge points as being different? Alternatively, does the car remember the manual 'start' from one day to the next, even though the power to the EVSE has been interrupted for that time?

* this functionality seems a bit flawed, in that I've had the car start charging immediately at other locations (as it should) then shut down a few minutes later (as though it's had second thoughts) and require manually starting again.

221 - 240 of 240 Posts