Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to buy a 2nd hand Leaf. I noticed from the pictures I've been sent that it is still showing as connected to Nissan. I'm presuming that this will still be with the previous owners details. Speaking to the garage, they say that a previous customer just rang Nissan and because of Covid, they changed everything remotely with no need to visit a dealer. Is that correct or am I being taken for a mug? Also, will there be a charge?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm just about to buy a 2nd hand Leaf. I noticed from the pictures I've been sent that it is still showing as connected to Nissan. I'm presuming that this will still be with the previous owners details. Speaking to the garage, they say that a previous customer just rang Nissan and because of Covid, they changed everything remotely with no need to visit a dealer. Is that correct or am I being taken for a mug? Also, will there be a charge?
I had quite a task getting my leaf connected. In the end after a month or so Nissan finally asked if I had another email address they could use as they stuffed up my account so badly with my standard email I use every day.
The way I finally got it sorted was by contacting the previous owner myself by looking up his name in the V5C and chasing him down on Facebook. Bit of a cheek but he was cool with it and gave me lots of great advice too on ev's and removed his account the same day.
Don't believe a word Nissan technical tell you their IT dept. are worse than useless (I should know I was the IT Director dept for a large manufacturer a few years ago 250 desktops and 12 servers and if I was that incompetent I would have had my marching orders pretty smartly).
The dealerships are even worse, haven't got a clue when it comes to IT stuff. Your best hope is for your local dealership to have a grease monkey that also has a bent for computer and techie stuff and is a bit of a geek, many probably will.
Best of luck, Tony.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
If the previous owner deletes the car from their You+Nissan account you will be OK and will be able to add the car to your account immediately.

If they didn't, you will need to contact Nissan customer support and provide proof of ownership of the car and they will remove the car from the previous owners account for you - this is the route I had to go down and it takes about a week, mainly by email. I had to scan a copy of the V5C with the car in my name and email it to them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If the previous owner deletes the car from their You+Nissan account you will be OK and will be able to add the car to your account immediately.

If they didn't, you will need to contact Nissan customer support and provide proof of ownership of the car and they will remove the car from the previous owners account for you - this is the route I had to go down and it takes about a week, mainly by email. I had to scan a copy of the V5C with the car in my name and email it to them.
Your dealership was obviously far more clued up than my lot were.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Your dealership was obviously far more clued up than my lot were.
Dealership ? What is this dealership you speak of. :)

I phoned Nissan UK customer support but that ultimately only led to an email support ticket being opened as the phone staff can't deal with this issue directly and refer it to another department. Three days later when they got around to responding to me by email they asked for scans of the V5C and my drivers license to be emailed back, another 3 days later when they got around to it again they put the car onto my account!

Helpful enough, but sloooow....

It's worth it though, I use the app every day, in fact I'm using it right now to turn on the preconditioning before I leave work. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
We recently bought a 2017 Leaf Tekna, and sure enough it was registered on You+Nissan to the previous owner.

I contacted [email protected] and a day later they replied asking for my reg and VIN as images from a document with my name and address on. I provided a photo of my purchase invoice for the car and a photo screenshot of the VIN on the HPI check (No need for VC5). 30 mins later they activated my car on my account. Got in my car, switched it on, opened the website as instructed and bingo it activated on my account.

Been using Niisan EV app and connected services in the car trouble free.

Only thing we had noticed are phantom notifications on the IOS app (I'm charged, you stopped the climate control etc..). Easy fix, delete the app and re-install.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
614 Posts
I had issues getting my leaf registered online.

The previous owner didn’t delete it, I asked Nissan to sort it out, sent them the proof of purchase and then did nothing.

I had to chase them 4 times over a fortnight until I finally had a sense of humour failure with some poor call centre agent on the phone and all of a sudden it was all sorted within 15 minutes!

Nissan and connected car services are not very with the times.

I have had a few BMW’s and although their customer service is crap I have to hand it to Connected Drive, it’s a super slick setup.

I was horrified at how behind the times Nissan are they are the total opposite.

My leaf is great though, much more reliable than the beemers!

You can’t have it all! 😃

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just gone through the process with the Nissan Leaf I picked up last week.

I used the web chat service on Nissan.co.uk to raise a help ticket.

Nissan contacted me via email asking for proof of ownership. I sent a photo of insurance document and a photo of the inside V5 pages. (not outside page, as a UK v5 displays "this is not proof of ownership")

Once ownership confirmed, they removed the previous details and sent a step by step email explaining how to register for a you+ account, activating the car wings account and setup within the car.

Took around 48hours to be resolved via email. Overall smooth, no complaints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts