Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have to say so far I haven't been impressed by Nissan as a company.

Was originally told our Leaf would be at the dealership last Tuesday and we arranged the 7 day free insurance through Nissan.

Didn't arrive Tuesday, was told it would be Thursday then. Thursday came and went and our dealership phoned to say nissan had confirmed the delivery for Friday.

Friday arrived and apparently the car was on a transporter but the driver could not be located.

Was then told Saturday that we would receive the car today and received a confirmation email etc.

As you have guessed still no Leaf and no explanation, the 7 day insurance expires tomorrow and because of this we changed our current insurance policy over to cover the Leaf from 12am tomorrow.

Anybody else experienced problems with delivery etc? Am I being too expectant? I know problems arise but I get the feeling the dealership knew the car wouldn't arrive but have just strung us along.

Slightly disappointed, I've been excited all weekend!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Paul, posted from my phone and pressed send when I hadn't completed my post.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had a similar experience. My date for delivery came and went without my Leaf arriving.

I took to Twitter and had a moan at both Nissan UK and the dealer.

Both contacted me within a day, nissan even contacted the dealer directly and hey presto things were sorted.

Even got £100 compensation from Nissan and a phone call from customer service.

Good luck. Twitter moan worked for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just as I read your post got a call from the dealer to say its ready now!!

I have still gone on twitter and had a moan anyway! Any retweets on my twitter whine would be appreciated. @echoelec

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
I have still gone on twitter and had a moan anyway! Any retweets on my twitter whine would be appreciated. @echoelec
Happy to support but when I took a look at your twitter stream I couldn't find the 'whine' :confused: Could you post a link to the tweet here?

May I also ask you to add a signature as discussed here? Many thanks :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah apologies, I hadn't seen that beforehand, my postings will be more on a personal level rather than commercial but happy to do it all the same.

Will sort it soon as I'm at laptop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This sort of experience is common place in the current climate everyone seems to be stretching themselves to thin , to far and maybe even stretching the truth to get the sale. We ordered a boot mat, yes I know only a boot mat but never the less important to us to keep the dog hair off the car boot carpet, was told it would be in within a couple of days, a week later still no mat, asked why and was told they forgot to order, week later was told not in stock, then it was it would arrive in a few days then was told out of stock, so I cancelled it as our boot was by then covered in dog hair, guess what then it arrived the next day, no I didn't buy it because I was so incensed by the lies and run around. I was going to buy a juke from the dealer but decided not to because the service is questionable. Their loss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts