Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three months ago I bought a 2016 30kWh Leaf which is due its first "service" in February. I live in North Lanarkshire and there appear to be two different dealers in Glasgow, Macklin Motors Glasgow Central and Macklin Motors Glasgow South.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of dealing with either of these and have any recommendation of which to use or which to avoid ?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kWh
1 Posts
Three months ago I bought a 2016 30kWh Leaf which is due its first "service" in February. I live in North Lanarkshire and there appear to be two different dealers in Glasgow, Macklin Motors Glasgow Central and Macklin Motors Glasgow South.

Does anyone have any first hand experience of dealing with either of these and have any recommendation of which to use or which to avoid ?
I have found the Glasgow central one to be fine. Only been to them twice, but never had any issues.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,100 Posts
I've had to take a car in to the central one before. They don't seem to know loads about EVs but they did the work fine and didn't take too long.

The courtesy car situation with them seems a little odd though. It had to be booked in for work a little later than first expected because they were only willing to give me an automatic despite explaining that yes the LEAF is an auto but I have a full manual license.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts

With any dealer, specifically instruct them with a notice in the car that a complimentary free wash is not required (avoids free scratches).

regards

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With any dealer, specifically instruct them with a notice in the car that a complimentary free wash is not required (avoids free scratches).
So you don't think washing the car before taking it in will give them a hint to leave it alone ? :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts