Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just read through this thread where some poor driver got supplied with the wrong car then experienced the dealer washing their hands of all responsibility. Nissan Leicester ordered the wrong car

It leads me to ask, should we not be keeping a black list of dealerships with a poor record on this forum? Specifically for dealers that repeatedly show form for bad service and attitude. This information should be reflected in a suitable way that allows us all (newbies in particular) to see who has bad form. We can then do our own further research if we feel it necessary. If a blacklisted dealer starts to up their game, then they can come off the blacklist.

Perhaps a sticky thread with no comments, but the vital info is all this needs.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,886 Posts
Have just read through this thread where some poor driver got supplied with the wrong car then experienced the dealer washing their hands of all responsibility. Nissan Leicester ordered the wrong car

It leads me to ask, should we not be keeping a black list of dealerships with a poor record on this forum? Specifically for dealers that repeatedly show form for bad service and attitude. This information should be reflected in a suitable way that allows us all (newbies in particular) to see who has bad form. We can then do our own further research if we feel it necessary. If a blacklisted dealer starts to up their game, then they can come off the blacklist.

Perhaps a sticky thread with no comments, but the vital info is all this needs.
Maybe I can suggest that we have a simple thread that the mods can police that has a list of dealers with under each simply a list of links to "problem" threads. No problems with a dealer, they aren't in the list!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think the problem would be that people's opinion on how they are treated/deal with varies. It is a very subjective matter.

However, if it can be organised against a benchmark, e.g. average service cost is £100-150, dealer X charged £240 for third service, avoid, it could work.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Maybe I can suggest that we have a simple thread that the mods can police that has a list of dealers with under each simply a list of links to "problem" threads. No problems with a dealer, they aren't in the list!
Far better to have a white list of dealers who have been giving good service. After all having avoided a 'bad' dealer you still need to find a 'good' one. A white list does the job in one go and the location of endorsements will quickly show if the dealer can provide a national service or is a regional supplier.

·
Registered
758 Posts
All well n good, but internet sites always focus on the bad, and 90% of the time its only one party in the deal / exchange posting details

·
Registered
450 Posts
Far better to have a white list of dealers who have been giving good service. After all having avoided a 'bad' dealer you still need to find a 'good' one. A white list does the job in one go and the location of endorsements will quickly show if the dealer can provide a national service or is a regional supplier.
Yes, good service usually goes unrewarded, especially in the age of t'internet.

People can always tell you about their worse experience at a restaurant, but usually struggle with their best.

We should have a 'dealers going above and beyond' thread. E.g. Least hassle getting a loan ICE, cheapest service costs, no pressure sales, etc.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes, good service usually goes unrewarded, especially in the age of t'internet.

People can always tell you about their worse experience at a restaurant, but usually struggle with their best.

We should have a 'dealers going above and beyond' thread. E.g. Least hassle getting a loan ICE, cheapest service costs, no pressure sales, etc.
Blackeunos You are of course quite right here, lets also give credit where it's due.

·
Registered
902 Posts
The problem here is that all dealers are good until you have a problem, then most are bad. Nature of the beast.
I find the best approach to be assuming they're an adversary right from the point you walk in and realising you're on your own after you sign the dotted line.
Let's face it, they want as much of your money as they can and care about little else, you want to part with as little of your money as you can, and it's downhill from there.
Until the focus is less on the money and more on the service nothing will change.
You might get a single "good" salesman who is nice to you after the deal, sure, for what that's worth. But it's still going to be very much "oh a cable's missing? Well it's not my job....".
Perhaps it's different if you're buying a tesla.

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are some dealers you never hear of on here. And that is certainly a good sign. Some dealerships come up with great frequency and with repetition of the same issues, it is hard to ignore that.

The other thing in all this which nobody has mentioned is speakev is more commercialy orientated that it has ever been. It is arguable in the past there were issues with impartiality and affiliation on here. Now you have a lot more advertising than there ever was. I don't know how much of it is specifically arranged, and how much of it is based on your own cookies and data profiling of your own habits. But I get a lot of Nissan adverts appearing on my screen when on this forum.

It remains to be seen, that speakev has not lost even more impartiality and that the benefits of the Dealership Blacklist thread suggestion, would be considered on its own merits and nothing else. For this reason, I think a Dealership Blacklist is better than a Dealership Goldlist. Dealers already have a gold list, it is just invisible, not on paper and is word of mouth - the best and most reliable way to build a reputation and generate sales really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts