Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on the market for a 30KWH Leaf. Went to our local dealer on the weekend. The sales guy's wisdom had us cracking up the whole way home:

I asked if I could look inside the bonnet. He said it didn't open, there was no way to get in it. So I reached inside the car and popped the latch.
We looked at the motor. I asked him what it was. He told me we were looking at the battery.
He told me you still need to put oil in for the transmission 'every year or so'

Apparently 'they used to have this EV expert but he's gone last year, we don't need that these days'

·
Registered
101 Posts
What was it like under the bonnet? I was amazed when I looked when buying one. The thing was full of cobwebs and dried leaves. It was obvious that nobody had been under there since the last service a year ago. I still bought it. In spite of the cobwebs everything was intact and all the fluid levels were fine. Dealers don't seem to do a heck of lot these days beyond a quick polish...

Gave me something to do when I got it home... good thing I like cleaning cars!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What was it like under the bonnet? I was amazed when I looked when buying one. The thing was full of cobwebs and dried leaves. It was obvious that nobody had been under there since the last service a year ago. I still bought it. In spite of the cobwebs everything was intact and all the fluid levels were fine. Dealers don't seem to do a heck of lot these days beyond a quick polish...

Gave me something to do when I got it home... good thing I like cleaning cars!
Before we decided to go EV, we went to an authorised dealer and looked at a Seat Leon which turned out to have an actual rats nest on top of the battery cover (droppings, fur, but - thankfully - no rats). Cherry on the cake was the sales fella telling us later about every used vehicle getting a 135-point check prior to going on the pitch.

Can't remember whether I snotted or spat complementary coffee at that point. Needless to say, we made our excuses and left.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ha. Nice one, good laugh during my morning coffee.

When I went for a test drive with Hyundai Ioniq in early 2017 when the car just came out. Hyundai didn't sell any hybrid. None of the sales guy knew what they were talking about. They were confused why I'd question the engine was running when stopped. None of them knew what regenerative braking was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts