Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
You can just buy them from Nissan. Not sure if you could just get them from a scrapped mpv. Nissan gateshead has them on display with the env. Looks like they just bolt to the floor.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Battery is in the front.
I was emailing Nissan (there is official e-nv200 website from Nissan) and got response that it cannot be converted because of safety.
But in the other hand, another week I've been charging near Newcastle and e-nv200 combi taxi arrived, and when I looked - they just bolted to the floor, so I'm interested in it as well

·
Registered
456 Posts
Battery is actually under the front seats I think, as if you look under the van - all cargo space is empty underneath, only spare tyre

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Manufacturers usually simplify things by pre-drilling and tapping the bolt down points for rear seats so check for grommets or painted over covers in the floor.

They usually look quite substantial and so are hard to miss.

If Nissan don't want you turning your cheap van into a combo then they might have not done the drill/tap.

·
Registered
456 Posts
When I got mine, combi (5 seater) was just £3k plus and even if I needed one - could not afford one

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you talking about 2nd or 3rd row seats? 2nd row seats fold forward on a quick release so the rear seat stays are secured with a bar set in the floor, rather than just a bolt.

I have a combi so can have a look and take some pics if it will help....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes so
Are you talking about 2nd or 3rd row seats? 2nd row seats fold forward on a quick release so the rear seat stays are secured with a bar set in the floor, rather than just a bolt.

I have a combi so can have a look and take some pics if it will help....
Thank you for your reply.
Some pictures would be great.

I am looking to have a row of seats in the back.
Normally its just me and one passenger, but sometimes it would be great if i could carry at least one, but two in the rear would be great.

·
Premium Member
10,413 Posts
When I was 18 my mate had a van and just put a small sofa in back for us mates to sit in. I guess things have changed in those 30+ years :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,413 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've recently done a wheelchair conversion on a standard panel van env200, sent the log book back to the dvla to notify them of changes, I've, now got Windows all round, plus 2 extra Seats (one seat plus 1 seated in a clamped wheelchair) taking total seats to 4, obviously for insurance purposes too.
Asked for the van to be changed to mpv.

Log book came back as a "van with Windows" and the seats remained as 2.

I telephoned them and explained what I actually needed, the told me to send it back in with another letter of explanation.

Anyone else had any problems with the dvla and additional seats?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Battery is actually under the front seats I think, as if you look under the van - all cargo space is empty underneath, only spare tyre
No. Not correct.

Battery starts roughly in line with the front of the seats and goes back about a meter or so. There is battery underneath the floor in the load bay.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Here is a picture of an ENV battery from a recent swap.

The connectors are at the front.

The service disconnect panel can be seen under the centre console.

The 'dip' in the middle is the chassis member between the b pillars.

The hump at the back sits behind the b pillars.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Here is a picture of an ENV battery from a recent swap.

The connectors are at the front.

The service disconnect panel can be seen under the centre console.

The 'dip' in the middle is the chassis member between the b pillars.

The hump at the back sits behind the b pillars.

Mike, how did conversion go? How big battery in now?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Very doable but battery does need to be removed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts