Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The idea is lovely, but it's not a vehicle you'd want to use every day. How would the batteries withstand long periods of idleness? Or would you have to take it out for a drive at least once a week?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The idea is lovely, but it's not a vehicle you'd want to use every day. How would the batteries withstand long periods of idleness? Or would you have to take it out for a drive at least once a week?
Reminds me of the Citroen Romahome. Could Imagine having it as my only vehicle esp if it has seats with seatbelt points in the back as well....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That Almost looks half sensible!
You can rapid charge all the way to the campsite, then slow charge overnight ready for trundling round and visiting places.
Now if they would just do one I can stand up in, then I might really be tempted :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Now there's a thing... if you have a car with a swappable battery pack, you could have one of these and take the car's batteries on holiday with you i.e. one pack between two vehicles. That almost makes the idea worthwhile.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
For myself as a camper (tent) and EV-man, I don't find this appealing at all.

It could be the best of both worlds, but with a LEAF-like range, being a big cumbersome for daily chores, and not being a particularly big in "camper van land" my first impression is that it feels like it's a compromise on every front. Some of my favourite campsites have no electrical pickups either, but I could always go elsewhere.

Still I like the thought and the innovation and hopefully there's a buying public out there ready to take that kind of a plunge.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Actually, that'll be great for people who are working away from home (ie London) and don't want to rent a room. Just shower in the office in the morning. Nobody would know you're actually living there and could easily move the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This is awesome, but I worry that the additional weight & compromised aerodynamics will really affect range.

And unless it's incredibly well insulated, you'll still need diesel for an eberspacher or webasto heater.

I wonder if they've integrated the EVSE into the power management system?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I don't think it would be very useful as a campervan. On the other hand I think the combi will make an excellent taxi. So I have just ordered one :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know, I still don't understand why we won't get the Evalia (sp) a bit discriminatory. But as a taxi the plainer the better. Luckily Nissan have managed to move the waiting list from Mid January to Mid (ish) November for us :) For us it's going to be a fantastic addition to the fleet.

·
Super Moderator
11,781 Posts
ahh. Our Vauxhall Combo was the daily driver for over two years. Now the LEAF is and the van mostly sits.

A BEV van that isn't sold and serviced by Renault would be a perfect replacement for the Combo. Instead we replaced the BMW with Nissan. shoulda waited.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think personal circumstance may inform preference here. With a young family....too small. As a single bloke or a couple on a budget needing a one vehicle compromise....very viable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hate to be negative but yuk, to small, the idea of a camper is to enjoy what you do and in such a confined space I would consider a wardrobe with wheels instead

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Unfortunately at the price they'll have to charge you could buy a bigger campervan and diesel supplies ...

But as a taxi it looks like the combi will be fantastic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts