Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 24
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the information on the App accurate? Mine shows that I've only travelled around 4k miles during the past 1.5 year but odometer tells me that it's been more like 10k miles, so I'm wondering if the info on the app is accurate or could there be problem with the odometer? Has anyone here had a similar experience?

·
Registered
152 Posts
The app has become wildly inaccurate regarding mileage and consumption recently. There have also been recent updates to it. Other threads on here detail the app issues in more detail, but no-one is suggesting problems with the odometer.

·
Registered
Leaf 24
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's odd how inaccurate it is considering that the odometer does track the milage correctly, you would think there'd be some kind of integration between the two making sure that the app shows the correct milage.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I've had my Leaf since last July and from around July to February it recorded less than half the true mileage in the app. This is because some driving "sessions" were simply not recorded for reasons unknown.

On a normal work day I do 4 separate trips with the car turned off between each one - it would log 2, 3 or 4 trips on any given day at random, so if not all 4 trips were logged the total mileage for the day would of course be incorrect. The mileage of the individual trips which it did record was correct, it just didn't record all the trips reliably. Because of this it was relatively rare for it to get the correct mileage for any given day, usually it under reported by a large amount.

A couple of months ago I noticed that the app was now (mostly) reporting correct mileages, so I suspect they have fixed something on their servers at last. (Certainly, nothing has changed with the car) Any figures from before this should be ignored, pretty much, and I would still treat current figures with some scepticism as Nissan don't seem to care about accuracy of the app.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts