Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Before I go trying to get hold of Nissan is your Nissan EV app working? I have a 2015 leaf and Android 10

Mines been working fine for months and months but last two or three days won't sign in says it's offline etc

Just wondered if it was a fault there end or mine.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
349 Posts
Working as well as it ever does on mine, in fact a record fast login just now, less than 10 seconds, getting state of charge in another 20 secs. Never known it be that quick before!!:eek:

Running Android 9 and 2016 leaf 30

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

Before I go trying to get hold of Nissan is your Nissan EV app working? I have a 2015 leaf and Android 10

Mines been working fine for months and months but last two or three days won't sign in says it's offline etc

Just wondered if it was a fault there end or mine.

Thanks Tom
Doesn't work for me either mate. Says invalid login password. Also not receiving email notifications from the car such as charge complete etc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for letting me know that's the same issue as what I'm receiving, they must be updating or having problems.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm in the South, in Poole Dorset on the Bournemouth border, maybe it's an issue with internet/mobile 'phone carriers or geographic location? I'm on EE.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I'm using Nissan Connect EV says it was updated 10th July, I've tried going via the Nissan Connect website as well and it says it's down for maintenance.

My Leaf is a 2015 so maybe if you have a newer one it connects to a different system possibly?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really weird I've also tried a third party app and the website for Nissan Connect and I just get login failed on the third party leaf app which always used to work. Site under maintenance on the Nissan website and another error on the Nissan EV app.

Guess I'll need to log a ticket with them because although it's a pants app 😂 it's still fairly handy I find!

Thanks Guys 👍

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad I'm not the only one just find it strange how some can still login with presuming the same account as what we have.... Really odd!

Thanks guys thou 👍👍

·
Registered
349 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one just find it strange how some can still login with presuming the same account as what we have.... Really odd!

Thanks guys thou 👍👍
Hazarding a guess, I would say it may be because different users accounts are located on different authority servers, some work, some have issues at the moment, but who knows, not us, and probably Nissan IT dept. knows even less.......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It all seems to have taken a turn for the worst recently. I'm using the latest Nissan Connect Services App - which seems to break out into a browser screen for log-in. This has worked reasonably well until recently, when it has taken it on itself to force me to re-enter my username and password almost every time. I wouldn't mind, but I've updated my passwords to be more complicated and longer. So, almost unusable again, for me - I don't want to be entering complicated strings of text on a phone every time I ned to use it - it is quicker to walk out onto the drive and push the button on the dash.

The result is that I now just turn to MyLeaf by default, but even that now seems to have issues - it seems very reluctant to initiate a charge (switch back to NCS and it works fine).

I know that it doesn't need saying again, but this is the lamest attempt at IT from a reputable company that I've every seem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree it's pretty poor, I work in IT and I definitely couldn't put my name to it. If it is down for maintenance then some notification would be nice. However the only thing which I do remind myself is this:

There's no charge to use the app or subscription. I bought my car second hand and they didn't charge to change it over which is pretty fair considering most car manufacturers charge for absolutely everything!

The app until now hadn't been too bad although a bit slow probably because of the back end hardware it's running is ancient.

The car obviously has a data SIM in it which I would assume is costing Nissan money and this cost isn't to my knowledge being passed on to me really.

I'm new to electric cars and am I right in saying some like the MG EV don't have an app or that capability?

Overall I'd agree it's not up to scratch which is a shame because the ground work is there for it to be so much better than it is.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've come back to the app after a long break where I basically couldn't get it to work. I've been using Leafy and it has been fine - although it has always struck me as bizarre that a 3rd party app could log into Nissans servers successfully, but its own app couldn't. Anyway, it now seems fine. The interface seems to have been reworked to be a bit more friendly and I even get notifications when the car stops charging at 0130. If I didn't have any previous experience with it, I would say the app is now OK

·
Registered
2017 Flame Red Leaf 30 Acenta
278 Posts
I agree, I finally got the app working and it is better
Took me 2 or 3 weeks to work through the system during which time Nissan staff were unfailingly kind polite attentive and trying their best, I'm in. I agree also, with little previous xp of the app and process, to me it seems fine. For now :rolleyes:

All is good and TBH I find the Nissan app as good as if not better and more useable than supposedly more highly rated 3rd party apps such as MyLeaf and QuickLeaf.

Are there any other 3rd party apps worth considering?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts