Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a minor service and MOT on my Leaf this week. They advised some additional work at the labour rate of £120 per hour!

This made me wonder if I'm alone in thinking this is exorbitant?

I'm in Somerset. Does anybody know any independent garages that will offer a good service for a better price?
Ben

·
The best there is at what I do
10,402 Posts
Had a minor service and MOT on my Leaf this week. They advised some additional work at the labour rate of £120 per hour!

I'm in Somerset. Does anybody know any independent garages that will offer a good service for a better price?
Ben

BMW North Oxford charges £170 an hour, they charge £100 just to look at the car, think yourself lucky.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sounds about right for dealer labour rates

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts

Ben
Bl**** hell....when I was driving my last ICE car, an Audi S6 the labour at Audi main dealer was £90 quid per hour, and they are charging you £120 for a Nissan.....😱

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Bl**** hell....when I was driving my last ICE car, an Audi S6 the labour at Audi main dealer was £90 quid per hour, and they are charging you £120 for a Nissan.....😱
What year was that?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
service work might be cheaper (effectively a loss leader, as your paying for them to look at the car, where they will often discover a list of stuff that needs fixed...), but no Audi main dealer is working for £90 an hour for normal repair work. I'd expect £150+

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,507 Posts
Mine is in for its 1st (inspection) service this afternoon. £159 including a video by the technician and free courtesy car.
This is a Suzuki Swift hybrid but you wouldn't know it was a hybrid driving it. In fact I only spotted the badge when I got home. On further investigation it uses a motor generator (ie fancy alternator) but there is no increase in torque or bhp, which explains why it was gutless. Bit of a waste of time for the small improvement in emissions.

I also asked them to investigate why the IEB failure light comes on intermittently.

·
Banned
367 Posts
I had a tyre that was losing air so decided to do some inspection and greasing at the same time. 9 year old Leaf, looks like new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts