Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am fast approaching 12 months of owning my Leaf. I have been contacted by the dealer to book a 12 month service. Looking at the maintenance handbook this involves an AC filter change and some inspections, which sounds pretty minimal to me.

Anyway, the cost of the service is £119. Since I have no choice regarding where I get the car serviced and therefore no comparative quote I was just wondering if this is a fair price?

Has anyone else paid a similar fee for the 12 month service? or are there alternatives?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Some Nissan dealerships charge more than others. 119 sounds at the low end from memory. Mine is due in 700 miles so interested to hear yours and other costs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've arranged for the first service to be done locally in Glasgow for £85. This was price-matched by the dealership where I bought the car (I received the lowest quote from a dealership in Irvine).

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Just had my 1st service last week. Initially they quoted a whopping £170, after mentioning other Leaf forum past prices of £99-£120 they agreed a quotation of £121 with collection and return service. This also included the Nissan offer of 1 years RAC cover from that service date.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

I am fast approaching 12 months of owning my Leaf. I have been contacted by the dealer to book a 12 month service. Looking at the maintenance handbook this involves an AC filter change and some inspections, which sounds pretty minimal to me.

Anyway, the cost of the service is £119. Since I have no choice regarding where I get the car serviced and therefore no comparative quote I was just wondering if this is a fair price?

Has anyone else paid a similar fee for the 12 month service? or are there alternatives?

Cheers
Why do you have no choice about where to go ? Any VAT registered garage can service your and your warranty is still valid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, I don't know of any other garage that has the required training and equipment to service the Leaf in accordance with the warranty.
Hopefully the situation will change as EV numbers increase.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't know of any other garage that has the required training and equipment to service the Leaf in accordance with the warranty.
Hopefully the situation will change as EV numbers increase.
Do you know what special equipment is needed ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts