Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just discovered this in the driver footwell on my Leaf.
The dealer informs me, it's the same as the one in their showroom...

Can I just ask other Leaf drivers if this is the same as their cars?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SNAP I would say - MY2020 - bet you wouldn't get that on a Bentley - good sound insolation that's what makes the LEAF so quiet.
Many thanks, I was a bit concerned to start with.

We didn't get the official Nissan car mats fitted, we just got given "dealer specials", which rub up against the steering column, and creates a bit of a disconcerting vibration through the floor matts :)

At least I know now it's not a manufacturing fail.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
546 Posts
Pleased that it has put your mind at rest, there is some vibration through the chassis, it generally not that noticeable unless you look for it.

A couple weeks ago I had an annoying rattle, which is not usual as the car is very quiet, I couldn’t understand where it was coming from, tried everything to find where it as coming from, as you do.

Turned out it was the spring recoil tape measure that I had put on the front passengers seat and the vibration coming through the seat caused the spring inside tape measure to rattle, when I caught on and moved it, the usual peace and quite was restored.

Some vibration is inevitably I suppose.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is a beautiful bit of new tarmac here in Poole from the University roundabout to Wallisdown roundabout. Not a pothole or rough stretch anywhere and it shows just how quiet the Leaf is. Unfortunately the rest of the Poole/Bournemouth/Christchurch conurbation is blessed with third-world road surfaces like the rest of the UK, and every possible source of noise is enhanced.

Reactions: GOSPORT DAVE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts