Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ocean Blue 2013 leaf that is being broken for an EV conversion in the south of England. The high voltage system has all been removed, but the interior and exterior trim, boot, windscreen, wheels and doors (minus drivers door) are still available. The car has done 52,000 miles and suffered a minor front impact denting the bumper and bonnet

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi there
Random request but a clumsy car valeter broke my rear view mirror (the detachable bit). I have bought a generic replacement cheaply but it would be nice to get a proper Nissan one. Can you detach yours and post it up? If so PM me as I'd be happy to pay a 2-figure sum for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Ocean Blue 2013 leaf that is being broken for an EV conversion in the south of England. The high voltage system has all been removed, but the interior and exterior trim, boot, windscreen, wheels and doors (minus drivers door) are still available. The car has done 52,000 miles and suffered a minor front impact denting the bumper and bonnet
I don’t suppose you’ve got any bits left have you?! Specifically the PTC water heater 27143-2482RET would be a godsend

·
Registered
605 Posts
My dad’s gen 1 leaf has been written off to my surprise as the accident was just a bad scrape and meant only a door replacement and some work on the wing possibly.
Is it worth buying back to break it or fix it possibly. How much would the battery fetch?

He may buy a Zoe now as the leaf was getting on a bit.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Id buy it back, but,

it would depend on the mileage and condition of the battery.
and of course the buy back price.

My dad’s gen 1 leaf has been written off to my surprise as the accident was just a bad scrape and meant only a door replacement and some work on the wing possibly.
Is it worth buying back to break it or fix it possibly. How much would the battery fetch?

He may buy a Zoe now as the leaf was getting on a bit.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Well he got the valuation today. After deducting excess he’ll get 5k. They want £1400 to buy the car back from them. But I’m a bit wary in case there’s something more than what it initially appeared as I didn’t think it would be written off. Also breaking for parts would be lot of hassle.
In terms of battery it was a 62 reg and done around 50k miles. 3 bars gone I think. Bought from a Nissan dealer 4 years ago so full service history and all that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
id buy it if you werent interested

rather than let it be scrapped.

Have a think

Anthony.

Well he got the valuation today. After deducting excess he’ll get 5k. They want £1400 to buy the car back from them. But I’m a bit wary in case there’s something more than what it initially appeared as I didn’t think it would be written off. Also breaking for parts would be lot of hassle.
In terms of battery it was a 62 reg and done around 50k miles. 3 bars gone I think. Bought from a Nissan dealer 4 years ago so full service history and all that.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Does the valuation tell you if it will be a Cat N? If you were prepared to get it fixed, what would that cost you in parts and time. Ask your Dad what the range of the car is in summer/winter. I saw a Gen1 leaf advertised which had a 100% GOM of about 35miles (7 bars remaining). Seller was asking £3.5k. Ok as a shopping trolley or very short commutes.

I'd expect a written off car will cost more to insure and has a lower asking price.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not sure. It doesn't say. It was only a phone call I think so no paperwork for it as of yet. Not sure what they estimated the cost of the repair. A new door and new tyre and let's say a new wing but I suspect the wing could be repaired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I don't suppose you still have the radio/info screen available?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.