Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a Nissan Leaf 30kWh with 28000 miles on Autotrader
In a picture the dashboard shows 7 bars but in the video it shows 12
The miles are also the same
Speedometer Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Gauge

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

How can this be explained?

Registered
I don't know anything about Leafs, so this may not apply, but the way some digital displays refresh, they are off part of the time. If a high shutter speed was used to take the picture, it may be that the display was caught mid-refresh in the still photo, but of course the video contains lots of frames, so even if the odd one captures the refresh you will see the whole display.

When looking at these kinds of display with your eyes directly, your eye doesn't notice the brief flicker (actually sometimes it does if you see it in the corner of your eye, which is more sensitive to fast movement than the centre of your eye is).

Note, this is just a guess - it may not be the correct explanation at all. A leaf owner may be able to help confirm or deny if they have ever seen the display refresh flicker. Cheers

Reactions: Rbrian

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That鈥檚 right, I went to see the car today and it had 12 bars (I wasn鈥檛 aware of the animation)
What鈥檚 more worrying is that the dealer is selling it as a 30kWh but the weight is the one of a 24kWh

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Registered
Yes that screen shot shows all 12 bars and 100% charge or there about. So GOM is showing 72 miles which AFAIK that would be a 24. My 30 Leaf with similar mileage and 5 years old has 94% SOH 12 bars and shows 120 miles at 100%. If your interested I am selling my Leaf in the next couple of weeks was going to use Motorway for easy option, but happy to see it go to a good home if numbers stack up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts