Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I would like to ask you to share some information about the model in the subject.
I am currently writing a handbook of history of Nissan Leaf in Hungarian and there is a very few information crops up regarding this model.

Questions:

What was the period of producing the limited edition?
Where was produced this serie?
How many pieces were produced?
What was the exact reason and marketing issue to develop this version?
Is there any distribuiton number within the countries?
The WiFi hotspot is interesting feature to sell with car, was that valid for all pieces?
There is a rumor about the french market which was targetted with this model, is that true?
Why the electric seat and Wheel heating are missing from this model?

All other additional information are warmly appreciated.
Many thanks
Gabor

·
Super Moderator
11,106 Posts
There is a rumor about the french market which was targetted with this model, is that true?
I don't know about France. The Black Edition was certainly marketed here in the UK.

Why the electric seat and Wheel heating are missing from this model?
The Black Edition is based on the mid-trim Acenta which did not include those options.

Where was produced this serie?
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom.

The Black Edition was available in Black or White paint colours only. Oddly, the free colour was white. A black Black Edition was extra cost.

If I remember correctly the optional 6.6kW charger was not available in the Black Edition. I guess Nissan were trying to use up the 3.6kW charger parts. But that is only a guess.

The current LEAF 40 comes with the 6.6kW charger as standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here in Hungary the 6.6kW charger is optional and available to Black Edition, but the dealers mostly ordered to the car as default.

Is there any number that have been produced ?
Why did they stop the production after this short ( 6months?) period?

Another aspect is the Black Edition sold in Hungary with Wheel at left side as a "continental European versions" so this model was produced surelly for other countries too out of UK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts