Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
@LemonTea_Leaf
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video got lost in the sea of message in the 121 (so far) pages of "
Worried about Leaf 2 rapid charging rate!"

So thought I'd start a new thread with a link to my new video :) Also the temperature gauge broken down in °c and °f notches

***Spoiler Image below**** for anyone just wanting to know the result *****

upload_2018-5-1_9-22-41.png

upload_2018-5-1_9-23-56.png

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
No a very useful temperature gauge really is it? 26 in the middle and 56 at the top.

Mine was roughly where you have 11C marked and leaf spy told me it was 13. Only 18 miles to work (between 50 and 70 depending on traffic and overtaking needs) but it was a chilly 5 when I parked up.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,478 Posts
Do the figures make more sense depending on which of the temperature sensors you use? I thought the Leaf had about 3.

·
@LemonTea_Leaf
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does LeafSpy give you the temperatures in °F too, or is that for the benefit of your American subscribers? (You should really be trying to drag them into the 21st century :))
Haha yes leaf spy does °f also but I actually had to google the formula for the spreadsheet i made still makes no sense at all to me...

C TO F: CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT CONVERSION FORMULA
To convert temperatures in degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit, multiply by 1.8 (or 9/5) and add 32.

• Example: 30°C x 1.8 + 32 = 86°F

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes in my video I did say the gauge made no sense at all. o_O shame I didn't start this in winter so I could fill in the red guess figures. I would understand if it made the °f whole numbers but they don't make much sense ether.

@sklblue In that case you just hit the 16° mark then :)
Had to go into work unexpectedly today and ended up with the car saying I had just 4% left (and warning me I needed to charge). Leaf spy tells me it's 14.6% so your results are the same as mine in terms of losing 10% (or 4Kw) of charge. We have all been duped into buying cars that can only provide 36Kw of usable energy. Similarly, the battery temperature rose from 15C when parked at work to 19.2C 18 miles later driving at around 60mph with an outside temperature of 9C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts