Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This is not the first time that we have seen the internal pack expand from the heat of Rapid Charging - this vehicle is reported as have has many as 4 Charges a day (TAXI)

The expanded packs still work and the owner is not changing them - this firm seems very reliable to get weak cells fixed out of warranty.

This vehicle has covered 120K miles and looks in good shape which is a testament the the quality of the vehicle NISSAN produce.

Weak cell fixed - the vehicle is ready to carry on

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,886 Posts
Interesting - 139mV is nothing compared to the car that @Leafychris was sold yet the need to split the pack was seen here.

I'm a bit disappointed that Cleevley Motors didn't add the replacement cells at a closer voltage to the remaining ones, but no doubt it will eventually balance out.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,836 Posts
This sort of stuff pura paid to the idea of battery packs going to landfill.

With people like this, they won’t even make it into converted classics.

I wonder what the repair cost compared with Nissan - did they get a quote?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,886 Posts
I wonder what the repair cost compared with Nissan - did they get a quote?
Bet it was more than a whole new LEAF40 which are very cheap at the moment. ;)

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
616 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed that Cleevley Motors didn't add the replacement cells at a closer voltage to the remaining ones, but no doubt it will eventually balance out.
My LEAF had a cell 93mV lower than the rest, the only way I found to get it to rebalance was to charge to 100% every time and let the pack top balance.

I’ve done this 6 times a week for about 15 weeks and it’s nearly sorted it my LeafSpy reports 16mV now.

I think it would take a VERY long time without doing this, I’ve covered nearly 7000 miles balancing this way.

From what I’ve seen top balancing is 4-5 times quicker than just letting the BMS do it’s thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts