Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New joiner here. Some help please! I currently have an old Nissan leaf and am looking to stay within the Nissan line-up. I'm really interested in the Octopus V2G bundle; however, it only offers the 40kWh model. I was looking to get into the larger battery model (the 62 Tekna) but am excited about getting onto this project to help further grid balancing dev. so....my question!

What have you experienced real world range on the 40kWh leaf? Thanks in advance :)

Here's a link to the project https://www.octopusev.com/powerloop

Francis

·
Registered
96 Posts
I WAS interested in this with my Leaf40, however, as I have solar panels with a good FiT, the amount that I'd get doesn't make it worthwhile (as you forego the FiT to something else that Octopus has). Combined with the fact that they are only doing this with Leased vehicles (as they dont actually know the potential degradation to the battery), this also count me out. Shame, as this really has a good potential to help with smoothing out peaks in the UK electricity usage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
you need to look carefully at the conditions. Anything that requires you to imobilise your car from 6pm needs to offer a massive discount against other forms of ownership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts