Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan currently have a radio campaign for the Nissan LEAF where you can book a 7 day test drive.
I have received 6 confirmed requests today. Be quick as dealers have limited LEAFs available.

We will be supplying a Tekna and Acenta with an EVSE, Type2 to Type1 cable and an Ecotricity card.

Tell your friends and family and there is currently a further discount of £3250 Nissan deposit contribution and low 2.5% rate of annual interest.

http://testdrive.nissan.co.uk/booking/leaf

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds great! My wife heard the ad on the radio today. We will definitely give them a call.
Do you know if there are any vans to test drive?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@John2 AFAIK this 7 day test drive is a Nissan incentive for the Leaf only. If your dealer has one, then I would say yes but check your dealers T&Cs, initially 24 hours may be the maximum they allow but all dealers are keen to promote.
We have a 64 reg eNV200 Tekna Rapid model for demo and a 5 seat Tekna Rapid Combi is ordered.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Ooohhh I'd love to do that, but I'm not in a position to buy right now...would they think I'm a time waster? The new model sounds REALLY interesting; do you have any insider info @Colin?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@Brooktop The test drive is a no obligation requirement. Of course we would like you to buy now but you may well be a future Nissan customer :) We have had no official news about a new LEAF model, only what you and all the social media sites have seen. It is coming though as it has always been on the Nissan road map for 2016.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My wife's last car was a Qashqai and I will probably be in the market for my next EV in 2016/17. I'm hoping that by then the BEVs and infrastructure will allow me to ditch dino juice altogether.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I was in the Nissan dealer at Waterlooville the other day when a woman drove in in a' two day test' LEAF. She was nearly in panic, with only 4 miles range showing. She had listened to the salesman , I think it was from Poole, who had not only overstated the possible range, but had set her off without an Ecotricity card. She had decided to visit her sister in Brighton hence her problem. She had been told about Nissan dealer charge points but not about motorway points, It had not been explained about range/speed effects so she had been driving rather fast. In all she was not impressed.
It seemed she liked the car, but had been put off by the spectre of running out of fuel.
Sometimes salesmen are their own worst enemy.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Good point @BarryP . I was going to ask about the charging practicalities in case the sales person isn't clued up. If I was to take a 7 day test drive, I'd want to do at least one 'out of range' journey to check the practicalities.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
@Colin – thanks for giving us the heads up on this promotion. It's a great opportunity for anyone who's curious about owning a LEAF to get acquainted with the car. I'm surprised to see that my nearest Nissan dealer has four LEAF demonstrators.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I should point out that both the Manager and the Salesman I spoke to at WKB Nissan in Waterlooville are very keen on the LEAF, not only that, they are honest about range, and gave me a full rundown on the pro's and con's of the car.The salesman , Chris, uses one as his company car, and makes frequent trips to max range.
The problem for the woman on the test drive came from poor briefing by the saleman. Put quite simply, the customer should be entitled to good quality advice by a knowledgeable sales person.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The £3250 is PCP only. But push them hard on that - whilst my invoice stated £3250 off they had reduced the list price and inflated my trade in price by more than a further third on top of that.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nissan currently have a radio campaign for the Nissan LEAF where you can book a 7 day test drive.
Thanks for the info - I called and now have a seven day drive booked from next week. I will ask about the van when I take the Leaf back.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Obviously the dealer and promo systems don't work together. After having confirmation from the booking agency, I got a call from the dealer telling me that they didn't actually have one available...even though the system says they have three. The dealer didn't even know much about the promo.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Obviously the dealer and promo systems don't work together. After having confirmation from the booking agency, I got a call from the dealer telling me that they didn't actually have one available...even though the system says they have three. The dealer didn't even know much about the promo.
That is a spot on assessment, however in our case Nissan call centre are totally ignoring our car availability. I now have 8 confirmed bookings on our 7 day list, so that's 8 weeks using our allocated Tekna to that. We also have 3 registered Leafs. Our Acenta is currently used for our 24-48 hour test drives and our third another Tekna is my company car that I use personally and for the dealership customer test drives etc also my Tekna is pre sold to a customer for October.
Nissan have not thought this through fully, yes we have 3 LEAFs but they are our LEAFs and do not belong to Nissan. If Nissan were to deliver a transporter full of them FOC then great, but we know the answer to that.
If all of our three LEAFs were out, what would the dealership do to demonstrate to visiting customers, and more importantly how would I get home! ;) (My car entitlement is a LEAF at the current bik tax rates, zero, not an ICE where I have to pay for my private petrol).
7 days is great if you have the stock but in reality 3 days may have been better. Also the promo is on until the end of December. ;)

Check out the T&Cs http://www.nissan.co.uk/content/dam/gb/LEAF_7_day_test_drive.pdf

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Yep...I'm not an urgent need and said I'm happy to go 'on hold'. I also said I won't need it for 7 days....but I would like to try an out of range journey.

·
Leaf and e-NV200 driver and new to the EV world
18 Posts
@Timchadbourne this has changed from 7 days to 4 days but again this is down to the dealers discretion . There are no mileage restrictions to the best of my knowledge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts