Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Does it have a gear box? If it says auto.. I have 2 EV's but non of them have it..
Just in case you're not kidding...
I don't think "single reduction gear" will mean much to most people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it have a gear box? If it says auto.. I have 2 EV's but non of them have it..
Morning,

No it's not an automatic gear box. The Nissan Leaf has a single speed reducer type transmission.

Apologies for the confusion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Comparison to £10k for a brand new Zoe makes a 2yr old gen' one Leaf at three grand more seem very unattractive... but heigh ho, perhaps the OP is prepared to bargain a lot on the asking price... ;)
Just out of interest what do you think this vehicle should be worth?

·
Super Moderator
855 Posts
I'm actively searching for a 14 plate LEAF now, and some dealers appear to have unrealistic expectations of a car's worth. Unsurprisingly perhaps the same car is then still in stock 2 or 3 months later!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is it worth? If I were buying an EV right now I'd certainly not expect to pay more than a new model costs, to acquire one that's several years old and at least halfway out of warranty.

So I wouldn't be tempted unless it was significantly less than a new Zoe right now.

It doesn't have the efficient heat exchanger either, does it?

I'd have said £8,500 to £9,000 would have been around the mark, if it's a flex.
It's not a Flex.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have made it clearer, although it is a Leaf not a Leaf Flex.

Appreciate your feedback on the price - I can relay this on to my boss who has priced it!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
To be fair Gen 1 Leafs have always included the battery and never sold as flex.

Asking price for low mileage 2012 models seem to be around £11k on autotrader.

·
Leaf lover
4,943 Posts
So far I have only seen classified sales for Leaf on ebay and autotrader and prices and detail accuracy vary a great deal.
Once we get individuals auctioning their cars from low starting points on ebay we will have some clearer idea of what cars are worth without dealer mark-up to cover warranty and such like.

Prices of I-on/i-meiv/c-zero are in some cases higher than Leaf on Autotrader, not sure what that is telling us.

I didn’t want to upgrade my lovely blue Leaf when the 2013 model came out.
Would love an i3 but can’t afford new.
The VW E-up has a silly price.
The Outlander is great but not my style or price.
So once again I fine myself saying it’s early days yet but by the time the next Leaf appears I might be to old.
Just a thought, is the new Pulsar replacing the Leaf?

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Prices of I-on/i-miev/c-zero are in some cases higher than Leaf on Autotrader, not sure what that is telling us.
A safer bet for an out-of-warranty purchase. You won't find any 'I've lost my first bar' posts on the i-Miev discussion boards. The traction battery by Yuasa is reckoned to be very conservatively engineered with good thermal management.

Also, its lack of fancy bells and whistles (e.g. electric handbrake) means there's less to go wrong.

In short, all the things that looked inferior in comparison to the LEAF, when new in the showroom, count in the car's favour as a three-year-old used buy. At the rate LEAF batteries degrade, a five year old i-Miev may have superior range to a LEAF of the same age! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bid £10,500 cash.......
Thanks for the bid, but unfortunately £10500 won't buy this car. I would be happy to do you a quote if you want to put this down as a deposit and finance the balance?

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and white is a better colour -

I can't do anything with £10600 sorry, but I'm interested in your camp site in Cornwall. My wife and I have been looking where we might take the camper next Easter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts