Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
family of 5 with BEV and no home charging access
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 30kwh Tekna back in October (awaiting delivery) and am currently on holiday in Barbados.
I've been impressed to see quite a few EVs on the road (my 6 year old son kept yelling "Look a Nissan Leaf" and "there's an i3!") they also have a pretty good charging infrastructure (public car parks, work places) - and I came across this Facebook page too if you want to see for yourselves. Megapower.

Where else have you come across full EVs?

·
Leaf lover
3,760 Posts
I ordered a 30kwh Tekna back in October (awaiting delivery) and am currently on holiday in Barbados.
I've been impressed to see quite a few EVs on the road (my 6 year old son kept yelling "Look a Nissan Leaf" and "there's an i3!") they also have a pretty good charging infrastructure (public car parks, work places) - and I came across this Facebook page too if you want to see for yourselves. Megapower.

Where else have you come across full EVs?
It is slightly bad taste telling us you are currently on holiday in Barbados albeit that you are on an ev fact finding tour and the temperatures in the UK are probably higher than they are there.

·
family of 5 with BEV and no home charging access
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is slightly bad taste telling us you are currently on holiday in Barbados albeit that you are on an ev fact finding tour and the temperatures in the UK are probably higher than they are there.
Lol! I just assumed that everyone would be as happy as I was to see all these EVs out here!

·
Leaf lover
3,760 Posts
EV are the perfect island car and Tesla should have set up shop in Hainan Dao first when they approached selling the model S in China.
In the UK the Isle of Wight is much the same size as Barbados, I've know idea if they are popular there.
I went to Walton on the Naze yesterday and came back with a stick of rock.

·
Vendor
1,155 Posts
There's over 100 Nissan LEAF and eNV200 now in Barbados. I went out in March 2014 to train a group of technicians on the island how to service and repair them. I'm jetting off there tomorrow with my family, so I hope to do a bit of a feature for my blog to show how the island is adapting to EVs. Certainly with an island length of 30km, range anxiety isn't a massive issue. You can drive all the way around the perimeter of the island, and make it home with plenty of charge to spare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts