Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm interested in learning more about how a car like a Nissan Leaf works as a family car when you've got a couple of kids etc.

I'm looking to spend some time with a couple of Leaf owning families - anywhere in the UK really (I'm based in the M25 / London area but willing to travel).

Ideally I'd spend about 4 hours with you - chatting about how the car works as family vehicle, understand how you use it, the thinking behind your purchase of it, and to understand its benefits and drawbacks. Because I'm interested in know more about how EVs work as family vehicles I'd like to speak to people with kids (and all the taxi-ing etc that involves!)

I can be quite flexible with timing - weekday or weekend - but looking to get the interviews done over the next 14 days or so. I will, of course, offer a cash or voucher thank you (£150) for your time and involvement.

About me
I'm a trained (Ph.D) anthropologist with a track record of work in the technology space. I run a company called Stripe Partners, based in London.

If you're interested, please let me know and perhaps I can chat with you off-forum by phone to tell you more about the research and myself? Or drop me a mail to [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

_________

Dr. Simon Roberts
Stripe Partners

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts
Welcome to the forum Simon, as you have a commercial interest please update your signature with your info :)

Thankyou!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd also be happy to share my thoughts. Had our leaf coming up to 18 mths, during transition from 2 child to 3 child family, and currently at point of deciding whether it's replacement will be another EV or not. Aylesbury based.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Simon,

We're a family of 4 who use the LEAF as our main car. Only had it for just over a month, but we're up near Tamworth!

Let me know if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
Hi Simon, We are also a family of four, two adults, a 4 year old and a 18mth old. Our Leaf as our only car and we have had it for nearly a year now and 7,000 miles. Let me know we we can help out at all.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow - stunned by the number of responses to this request and it's interesting what a welcoming and engaged community of people EV/Leaf owners appear to be. I will respond to you all individually regarding your offers of help - in the meantime, thanks so much and if anyone else is interested let me know. I can only do the work with two households right now but logistics/timing/etc mean it's good to have some options! Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Simon, We are also a family of four, two adults, a 4 year old and a 18mth old. Our Leaf as our only car and we have had it for nearly a year now and 7,000 miles. Let me know we we can help out at all.
Where are you based?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We are a family of 4 using the Leaf for the past 3 years. Very happy to help out. Based in Borehamwood in Hertfordshire.
cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am in Essex. Older family with couple of 22 year olds at home plus 17 year old in Glasgow that I have driven to in my Leaf. Owned car since June 2014. Traded in Audi A6 to go electric

·
Registered
72 Posts
We're a family of 3 and have used our Leaf for 3 months. We also have a hybrid car which doesn't really get a look in nowadays. Live in Thurrock, Essex. Let me know if my family can assist you in your research.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Im up for it im in kent dartford just inside the M25
drop me a line if you wanted to speak to me 07962344347

1 - 20 of 20 Posts