Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible?

It's SUCH A CHORE to have to press a button on my LEAF Acenta, is there an option or mod to have auto folding mirrors?

I even imagine sometimes people forget to fold them back out, which isn't good! :oops:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I am sure the Leaf will auto-unfold the mirrors if you drive away with them folded.

As for auto-folding, there's apparently an official kit that can be retrofitted. If it was me, it would be wires from the central locking ECU's 'lock' and 'unlock' terminals to the mirror switch 'fold' and 'unfold' terminals, on the relevant junction blocks. Perhaps via a switch so this new behaviour could be disabled at will. I apologise if it isn't that easy!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure the Leaf will auto-unfold the mirrors if you drive away with them folded.
Nope. Someone I know may have done this one before. *whistles*

As for auto-folding, there's apparently an official kit that can be retrofitted. If it was me, it would be wires from the central locking ECU's 'lock' and 'unlock' terminals to the mirror switch 'fold' and 'unfold' terminals, on the relevant junction blocks. Perhaps via a switch so this new behaviour could be disabled at will. I apologise if it isn't that easy!
Didn't know there was an OEM kit, wonder if it's pricey, will investigate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts