Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Nissan leaf BEEEPPPPPPEEEPPPP How to disable?

21K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  GOSPORT DAVE 
#1 ·
Does any one know if the charger beeping and flap opening beeps can be disabled or where the bleedy thing is i can disconnect it It's driving me nutty!!!!!

#2 ·
Sorry have no idea - but spend 10 mins driving an Outlander Phev and you will not worry about them anymore! It has a ridiculous amount of beeps - I'm still working out which ones I can disable.

Reactions: neilev
#4 ·
I'll check ours tomorrow - not noticed it being overly loud though.

#5 ·
its not too bad in the day with background noise or wind but a night when it's near silent its quite loud, I also park it in between a U shaped walled off area and I think it amplifies the sound. I did try to pin point the sounder to disconnect but no joy it seemed to travel around the passenger side of the engine bay.

#7 ·
There is actually the s

Speaker up and forward of the wheel arch but carnt remember if its left or right hand side think all goes throw this but if you cut wire you might permanently stop all beeping as .
If we taped up all the birds tweeting then very dull n quiet. Little is good .

#9 ·
Trust me YOU DONT. You not thought it throw IMO reason.???
Because just to mention 1 thing if you forget your keys in the car the carnt tell you hey bep bep bep bep there in the car silly
You tryed locking keys in car I saved you not locking keys in hear !! & not having you spend hours looking for them .
I know what your gonna say .
ITS NEVER HAPEND . well it has to us on both our EV thanks Nissan .
But also the doors been not shut propley as well .
On your head be it just saying .
IMO your not thinking out side the box .
As well as the notice amp needs to let other people your aproching !!!!!
If they didne hear you the might have your insurance void.
If I was near you I would be will to look at you minor prob.

#10 ·
Trust me YOU DONT. You not thought it throw IMO reason.???
Because just to mention 1 thing if you forget your keys in the car the carnt tell you hey bep bep bep bep there in the car silly
You tryed locking keys in car I saved you not locking keys in hear !! & not having you spend hours looking for them .
I know what your gonna say .
ITS NEVER HAPEND . well it has to us on both our EV thanks Nissan .
But also the doors been not shut propley as well .
On your head be it just saying .
IMO your not thinking out side the box .
As well as the notice amp needs to let other people your aproching !!!!!
If they didne hear you the might have your insurance void.
If I was near you I would be will to look at you minor prob.
:cry: I guess ill have to live with it, Shame Nissan don't have options for what beeps you have to put up with!!

#12 ·
Oh you got the message then!! Gud if you want a laugh I don't at moment not in mood!!!! Caps Ben let down with my E-nv200 campervan NOT!! Any ways when we got our leaf we got back late at night and when to lock the car it keeled beeping o bugar no matter what we tryed couldn't stop it beeping so had to leave the car overnight unlocked. ;-(
But fresh brain following day was the boot open not fully clicked to be closed so one click its latched on but needs to be on two latches to be closed its safety all round but my nabourgh had her window open so she had little look out at I this point let it till following day to sort out . but its always quiet er at night so don't worry .

#24 ·
I would be very concerned about disabling or covering up the beeper. If this is the one used when backing up and you accidentally hit a car, cyclist, or heaven forbid a pedestrian, and the tape is discovered, your legal liability could be compounded substantially. Just get Leaf Spy and turn off the charging related beeps. I also wonder about whether the open door beeps might be there in part to alert cyclists or runners coming up beside you as you swing open the door.

#23 ·
Hi, I was looking at the LeafSpy Pro App for Apple devices and found the info below which says sound settings can be changed on 2013 and newer leafs. Mine is 2011 and I was thinking of changing to Octopus GO which has cheap electricity rates (5p/kWh) from 00:30 to 04.30 but I am worried about annoying the neighbours with the beep when charging starts at 00:30. Does anyone know if a dealer can set the sounds on pre-2013 models? Thanks

LeafSpy Pro also gives you the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.

• Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
  • Change VSP sound settings on 2013 and newer Leafs
  • Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
  • Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
  • Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs

#25 ·
The drivers door open alarm is really annoying, especially when rapid charging, on a nice day I like to have the door open to let some air in. I keep a piece of gaffer tape with me that I use to put over and hold down the pressure switch located by the door latch.

If I am travelling alone, I then sit in the front passengers seat and have the front passengers door open which doesn’t have any warning alarm.

That front drivers door alarm is really over the top, these software designers or who ever, should be made to live with what they inflict on others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.