Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf e+tekna 62kwh.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my 40kwh leaf for a 62kwh e+Tekna,1900 miles on the clock, had it shipped to my home address as the dealer is a few hundred miles.
Been checking the car over and after opening the bonnet it will not lock when trying to close.
Tried the usual,WD40 and some grease,no luck.
Wondering if anyone has come across this problem.Thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,911 Posts
Is the lock mechanism jammed or the striker on the bonnet not going in far enough? Certainly LEAF bonnets seem to need a hefty slam despite their flimsy nature but presumably you are used to that from your last one.

·
Registered
Leaf e+tekna 62kwh.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the lock mechanism jammed or the striker on the bonnet not going in far enough? Certainly LEAF bonnets seem to need a hefty slam despite their flimsy nature but presumably you are used to that from your last one.
Thank you for your reply.
Locking mechanism is fine,was able to move it with a large screwdriver.
Tried dropping bonnet to close it from a few inches,no luck.
My previous leaf bonnet closed no problem with a firm push.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,911 Posts
Both of ours need dropping from at least a foot to close. I prefer to "drop" rather than "push" as the hinges are stiff and the bonnet flexes. But on such a new car the dealer should take responsibility even if they pay a local garage to resolve it.

·
Registered
Leaf e+tekna 62kwh.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will probably book the car into my nearest Nissan garage as it is still under Warranty,meantime maybe some other members have come across this problem,save me having to take the car in.
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
Leaf e+tekna 62kwh.
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine needs a good slam.
Did you push the opening lever back in (one under the dash)
Messed about with the interior catch and the catch under the bonnet and low and behold the problem disappeared,thats a relief,no trailing to the garage.
Many thanks to the members who replied.

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
630 Posts
I never drop a bonnet from any less than a foot I have a leaf 40 and I let it free fall from about 12-14” to close it this is totally fine, if you have just got this car your totally covered if there is a problem.

My bet is let it go from just over a foot and it will be fine, if it isn’t then it’s the dealers problem.

I think your being too kid gloves with it, a 2” drop definitely won’t close it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts