Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a nissan leaf i have a standard wall charger which takes a long time to charge. So i contacted charge master and they quoted me £449 for the 7.5 kwh charge station. i wanted to know if it is best to just ask an electrician to do the wiring from my mains and insert a type 2 socket and charge my car using that.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have recently purchased a nissan leaf i have a standard wall charger which takes a long time to charge. So i contacted charge master and they quoted me £449 for the 7.5 kwh charge station. i wanted to know if it is best to just ask an electrician to do the wiring from my mains and insert a type 2 socket and charge my car using that.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Did you buy from a Nissan dealer?

·
Registered
306 Posts
A type 2 socket only switches on when there is a car on the end of it, which is what the wall box does.

That sounds expensive, is the OLEV grant included?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A type 2 socket only switches on when there is a car on the end of it, which is what the wall box does.

That sounds expensive, is the OLEV grant included?
yes the olev grant is included. Which is why i am thinking of just asking an electrician to do the wiring and put a type 2 socket in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts