Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this piece in the Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/nissan/10564296/Living-with-a-Nissan-Leaf.html) is generally positive about the LEAF experience, with this being the choice quote for us EV fanatics to pull out...

No car that costs less than £100,000 feels more solid and resolutely built.
However, it also says the LEAF in question costs about £31k (after £5k off, which everyone gets) and other slightly bewildering snippets (apparently struggles to do 60 miles? I've seen how many motoring journos drive, perhaps not a shock) and isn't really very on the money.

This sparked some good reaction on Twitter (as some of you will know) and lead to a sub-£10k LEAF being found.

This just made me smile more than anything, a car that feels like £100k for less than £10k. Who wouldn't want one?!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
A lot of things about that report are either wrong or misleading. It isn't the worst report I have seen because it is quite positive but...

£100K car? - I don't think so!

Battery replaced every 10 years? - I jolly well hope not!

10 years to recoup extra cost? - errrrm! No!

Serious range anxiety? - very rare. Misleading to suggest it is commonplace.

This report is an improvement on reports of just a few years ago but clearly it is not interested in facts if it spoils the impact!

Close but no cigar.

·
Registered
193 Posts
£100k car, not sure now that its covered with my 3 yr olds muddy bootprints!

Still think that people such as this journalist are missing the point of the Leaf / EV. It doesn't come without compromises and a change in behaviour but the rewards are massive.

Sure it might not go 350-400 miles before it needs refilling like the equivalent Focus et al, but can you refill the Focus with potentially renewable energy for anything between £0 to £2 per 100 miles? no.

I also think a lot of the resistance is our innate dislike / distrust of change. I hope that in 30 years time we will be wondering what the fuss was all about!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My brand new Nissan Leaf Tekna with solar and 6.6kv fast charger on way in white why pay more for colour, battery owned out right no rental, price £17400.00 eeeeeeeee Anyone done better? Would make Paul's figures look a whole lot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts