Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New member here, I have scoured the internet and the manual looking for the diagram inside of the fuse box 1 cover (between 12v battery and motor unit), though not much luck.

I was wondering if anyone could take a photo of theirs for me? I stupidly left mine on top of the motor unit when I closed the hood of my Leaf and drove it the next day, completely forgot that I had left it resting there on the inside. I could hear rattling as I was driving but had no idea what it was until I was in work and realised what it was!

It could be anywhere, stuck down inside but not in view, or dislodged and on the road somewhere (I drove back along the route I took to look for it, no luck.)

I would greatly appreciate the help if someone could do that for me :) not sure if it matters, but my Leaf is a 2016 Tekna 30kWh.

Thanks!

PS: I need to get a new cover most likely, can't find them to buy online either :( if anyone knows a scrapyard with Leafs in them, I would be happy to arrange something so I can get that fuse box cover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thank you so much for the instant reply! Thats a great help, really appreciate that. I will look on those sites for a replacement cover :) cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The leaf has a flat bottom of panels. More than likely your cover is sitting on a panel. Go under the front of the car and remove the front 3 panels and take a look.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh that is promising to hear, I don't have the means to get under the car. Guessing I would need 2 jack's for the front wheels if I were to do it? I have the 10mm tools to remove the bolts though, this is all because of a project I wanted to install those fancy switch back DRL/Indicators led lights strips 😂 totally worth it though.

I went to a local scrap yard, they were a pretty big one and they had not a single Nissan car, never mind the Leaf 😳 I looked on the aforementioned sites for a replacement, no luck. It's such a specific minor thing, but important enough to stop water getting in. Duct tapped for now haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure if it's 7 or 9, I know it's the Fuse Box 1 according to the manual, maybe the photo husoi took for me earlier in the thread can help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's the one I'm after, thanks for that! Is it okay to hang on to it until Friday next week? I'll be paid then 👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts