Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to take a lease out for the n-connecta version of the 2018 nissan leaf and wanted to know if this was a good deal or not?
£2200 initial rental (6 months)
£375 pcm
15000 miles PA
3 year rental

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal or is there better ones out there?

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found out when I did mine 6months ago there were no deals to be had I only just managed to get the paint thrown in as it was a car from stock in black which I didn't want .With a years waiting list they didn't need to do deals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Although, that is lower than I have seen for the past several months, and you have fairly high mileage.

I think this is a sign that supply is heading back to normal, but whether you think that will make the deal a good one in 4 months time, I don't know.

It is certainly better than I have seen recently. Who is it with?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although, that is lower than I have seen for the past several months, and you have fairly high mileage.

I think this is a sign that supply is heading back to normal, but whether you think that will make the deal a good one in 4 months time, I don't know.

It is certainly better than I have seen recently. Who is it with?
Drive Electric

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would think that their deals are going to be fairly up to date. If you need to press the button now, then it's a lot cheaper than they have been showing in the past 3-4 months (they were well over £400 a month with half that mileage not long ago).

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's a much better deal than they are currently displaying on their website for the N-Connecta.
It's not plus vat is it :)

£2,274 initial
£379 pcm
8000 miles
4 years

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just about to take a lease out for the n-connecta version of the 2018 nissan leaf and wanted to know if this was a good deal or not?
£375 pcm
15000 miles PA
3 year rental

Cheers

Dan
It's not too far out from the deal that I currently have and I ordered my N-Connecta ( with Pro-pilot and LED pack ) in March, took delivery in September:

£2148 deposit
£358 pcm ( servicing included )
15000 miles pa
3 year lease

·
Short term PHEV
561 Posts
£375 pcm
15000 miles PA
3 year rental

Cheers

Dan
That's a good deal if it includes vat and the admin fee. Just check that a 4 year deal isn't better for you, the current pricing I've seen on these would make me go for the extra year e.g. in very rough terms £15k total cost for 3 years or £5k a year. £18k total for 4 years making year 4 only an extra £3k.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is including VAT but not servicing. Brand new Leaf, very few miles on the clock! Very tempted, just need to convince the misses!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm with drive electric.
2018 n-connecta
They lease through lex autolease.
4yr lease at 13k miles per year.
£2592 deposit.
£288.05 pm.

I couldn't find a better deal.
I was even advised by another company to take that deal.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That price quoted by chelseaboy is I think a good 6 months old.

Currently at DE it’s £348 a month plus 6 months down , so nearly £2100 up front

The good deals stopped in March. I paid £280 a month and £1700 down back then for a Tekna but that was then, this is now. So if you are shopping around this month I think the OP has a decent deal.

If the OP is happy to pay the price he’s been quoted for the car he wants, then the prices others have paid, in the past, are of no relevance.

If he’s happy then he should do the deal. I’m sure he will love the car

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
But any new car will be much further away than a few weeks. The range will be entering the 200+ goldilocks zone for EVs so orders will accelerate significantly and there will be no incentive to cut prices. At least until battery supply starts to ease, but when that will be is your guess.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have no idea how Nissan will price the E-plus in the UK. It is fair to say that it must make the 40 cheaper though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or they’ll add on something around £5000 for the extras on top of current pricing, no need to lower current prices when selling like mad with an long wait time as well!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Zero chance of a price cut for the 40. They still can not satisfy demand. If it were your company and you could sell as many of the units that you can build, would you reduce prices?

No.

I also agree that the “premium” for the Leaf+ will be circa £5000

Making the Leaf 40 a very good buy indeed. If you hardly ever drive more than 150 miles a day then why pay £5k more? It might make the 40 even more desirable.

Until demand slows and battery availability increases, I can’t see prices getting any cheaper. The manufacturers will eek out every last £ they can from sales. It’s what they do

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hang on a minute though. If there were cheap deals (in the £200s at launch of the 40, when there was still little availability and no material difference in battery supply) why will there not be deals for MY19 with a refreshed 40 and a new model to launch?

Battery supply is not the reason the UK is only getting a handful of Korean BEVs each year, and the Leaf 40/60 is built here. The way I see it (and I may be totally wrong), Nissan spent most of the summer hedging their bets against a no-deal Brexit, sorting out WLTP and weathering the rapidgate storm (such as it was). I am expecting the Leaf combo to be sold enthusiastically in the coming months once supply is back to something approaching normal - and that is the crux of it, because supply was restricted to such a degree that dealers were told not to sell their demonstrators.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It’s supply and demand. Back in Feb early March you could just about get a 3 or 4 year PCH /PCP on a Leaf Tekna for just under £300 with 6 months down. Most of my quotes then were actually over £300 a month, only Drive Electric offered “good deals” that luckily my deaier actually beat.

Demand skyrocketed during Feb & March , not just here but in Europe. Despite #rapidgate. This demand has to be fulfilled from Sunderland, no where else. This demand continues unabated.

All the time this demand continues there is no reason at all for Nissan to reduce prices.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts