Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came through the post today, says we MAY have a Power Distribution Module fault which could result in a "normal charge malfunction", whatever that means.

Sounds like I should get it sorted though!

leaf-recall.jpg

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I still havent had the update from a few months back done on mine yet, if i get this letter i will take it in though.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And the car is back home on the driveway, cleaned too. Nice. :D

I was worried about going to Nissan after such brilliant service at BMW/MINI for years, so far the experience has been at least as good.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well I visited my local dealership to get this done today and my experience was quite different!

I made the booking for 1pm. I arrived a bit earlier and it was chaos. Cars everywhere. After 5 minutes I managed to find somewhere to park up.

Then I went into the showroom - three members if staff made eye contact with me but failed to engage me in conversation. Perhaps I'm getting old, but I'm starting to get more and more intolerant of impoliteness in acustomer service setting. There were several other punters milling around, all with a kind of 'been here ages' demeanour, looking like they were also waiting to be seen. After 5 mins I turned around and walked out.

I'll have to find somewhere else to get the recall done. Glad I didn't buy my leaf from there!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I visited my local dealership to get this done today and my experience was quite different!

I made the booking for 1pm. I arrived a bit earlier and it was chaos. Cars everywhere. After 5 minutes I managed to find somewhere to park up.

Then I went into the showroom - three members if staff made eye contact with me but failed to engage me in conversation. Perhaps I'm getting old, but I'm starting to get more and more intolerant of impoliteness in acustomer service setting. There were several other punters milling around, all with a kind of 'been here ages' demeanour, looking like they were also waiting to be seen. After 5 mins I turned around and walked out.

I'll have to find somewhere else to get the recall done. Glad I didn't buy my leaf from there!
I say name and shame the dealer, I'm interested to know if it's the same chain as my Nissan dealer, who are SHOCKINGLY BAD

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, agree - name the dealer - that being said if I'd had a booking I'd have stayed quite a while - less hassle to just get done.

As far as parking etc goes this is an issue at lots of dealerships - and not just nissan. The "newer" dealerships tend to be a LOT better as customer parking is usually distinct from the dealer's own area for cars for sale.

I've mostly visited dealers for charging - and not a huge number. Most have been polite and friendly. I have had to wait at times just to get access to the charger.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well they are the main Nissan dealer in Cardiff, if that narrows it down!

I don't know.... it's a bit first world problems.com I suppose. Maybe I caught them on a bad day? It's just the basics. And all I could think was that if it's that disorganised, I'd be waiting around for hours for them to do something that probably wouldn't take 10 minutes with the right software & a laptop. I have better things to do with my Friday afternoon.... (like sitting at a rapid charger as I am right now - their rapid was double iced with several other cars blocking those cars in!)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
343 Posts
I've just taken delivery of a 1 year old ex-demo Leaf and within 12 hours of arriving back home I received an online owner notification of a recall for the POWER DELIVERY MODULE (P3240). When I contacted my local dealer (not the supplying one) it seems this notification was at least a month old. Shame the supplying dealer failed to pick up on it while they had the car and sort it before selling it to me! :(

Booked in next Thursday for replacement.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
343 Posts
Hi Rob, did the online notification come through the you+Nissan thing?
Yes, a pop-up message came through when I logged in with a multiple response option of "already aware", "I will contact dealer" or "arrange online" or something similar.

·
887 Posts
Thanks Rob. Have just logged in to YOU+Nissan but no automatic reminder, maybe mine's not subject to any recall...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts