Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Nissan Leaf pricing

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  DarrenR 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am new to EV world and planning to buy a used leaf for initial start. I found a used leaf 2017 tekna model with 30 kWh battery. It's a 6 months old car and used as a demo car in show room. Mileage is around 1500 and dealer is offering me for 14500.

Please suggest, Is this car worth to buy at this price? Because for similar model, prices are high in auto trader compared to this price. Or this existing model will cost even less once the new leaf is released in next 2 months.

Offer seems tempting. But confused to buy or not? Dealer told me that I can return the car with in 28 days if I don't like it. if I install pod point while collecting the car and if I return it with in 28 days, will pod point too return money? Or better to install pod point after using car for 2 weeks?

Regards,
Ramesh

#4 ·
To be fair,that still isn`t a bad price for a great car,don`t forget,the more miles put on it makes it cheaper in the long run than any ICE vehicle,if kept for a few years then even more savings on servicing and running repair costs such as clutches,exhausts,cam belts etc etc etc etc etc compared to an ICE vehicle.

The main reason EV`s seem to be expensive is because ICE vehicles have been sold very very cheap to purchase,because they make loads of mark up on service,oil and any parts needed.

A few years ago,MCN (Motor Cycle News) priced up all the individual parts that make up a Yamaha R6 bike,it came to well over £20 grand,the bike complete brand new from the showroom at the time was under £7K.

EV`s are actually still a proper bargain money wise,even if you end up paying a bit more than the next guy.

#6 ·
Hi Ramesh,

welcome to Speak EV.

One thing to make note of on the car you have been offered,is the main battery owned outright? if it is then it is a very good price,if it is a "Flex" (battery rented) then not so great.
It will probably have the smaller onboard charger @ 3.3KW as against the quicker option one @ 6.6kw but if you don`t need super fast home charging,then the 3.3 should be enough 8 hours to full against the 6.6 @ about 4 hours,plus i`m guessing here,if it does have the 6.6 make sure you get a 32Amp pod point to take maximum advantage,a 15amp podpoint will be enough for a 3.3 charger(someone please correct me if i`m wrong).
The 6.6kw charger was a £1k option,plus it will be slightly harder on the main battery over the lifetime of the vehicle.
Go buy it and enjoy :)
HTH.

#7 ·
If you're nervous about buying outright, ask him for PCP figures.
Nissan will happily do PCP on used Leafs, mine is one.
I didn't want the hassle of having to get rid of a car that 'may' be viewed as hopelessly outdated technology in a few years, so I went with PCP as I can then just hand it back and walk away with a clean slate.

#8 ·
If you have 15k cash to spend on a Leaf, could it be worth hanging on and getting a PCP on the new one? Depends how often you change cars i guess. Put the 15k between a few high interest current accounts will net you probably 5% on average.

#14 ·
The key phrase there is 'if you buy it' at the end of the PCP.
I wasn't interested in owning a 5 year old 24kWh at the end of my 3 year PCP, as god knows what it would be worth and god knows if I'd ever be able to sell it or trade it in.
Optimists will say it will always be worth something, I'm not so optimistic.
I actively wanted the option of just handing it back to the dealer.
So, in that respect, the 'total cost' of the PCP is entirely irrelevant to me,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.