Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home on the motorway on Friday night at about 60mph and noted a fairly loud clap/pop sound that seemed to have come from the front of the car. I initially wondered if I'd run over something but couldn't see any debris. There didn't seem to be much wrong so I carried on but when I came to exit the motorway about 15 minutes later I noticed that the regenerative breaks seemed noticeably less strong as I slowed down (eco- B mode). I've driven it a few times since then and it still doesn't seem right. I'm seeing green lights on the dash when I slow down but i'm not getting the same deceleration that I was getting before in B mode. Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Nissan are quoting £140 for a diagnosis. I'm hoping I might get that back on my warranty if there is a problem but obviously if they don't find anything that needs fixing I'll have wasted £140. At the moment when I'm driving in D mode it just feels like an ICE car so I want to work out what's going on.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I mostly drive in D mode unless I'm in stop start traffic then I switch to B mode. I absolutely hate Eco. Car becomes so dull it's like driving the Zafira

No. Haven't come across this before. If your are going at 50mph and on B mode, all 4 regen bubbles should come up abd the car should be decelerating rapidly. If that's not the case, I'd trashed it to Nissan

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm, sounds weird, I'm only 3 months in to Leafmanship myself, no idea what's happening there, good luck, hope someone on here can help identify this AND advise on best action to rectify at minimal cost and disruption.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I noticed that the regenerative breaks seemed noticeably less strong
It's brakes, not breaks which is something totally different.
I take it your regenerative brakes were broken?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
JED
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing