Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The worst experience of my life.
I really want an electric car but was put in a white leaf 70 Reg which was said to be Top spec that didn't compare to my Tekna Micra.
The nearest EV charging Pod that is over 5 years old was 10 feet away yet it only gave me options of Nissan dealers no matter what settings I put in.
I have an Electric Motor cycle and am aware an even used the POD in front of me but it was not on the Computer even though it stated it used POD Point.
The hand brake was the same as any automatic petrol car. The reversing was poor and camera and mirrors still required petrol car observation and the reverse sensor did alarm before I hit a car but much of that was the other driver alert by hitting the Horn.
Economy my micra is 800 cc I get over 400mile to a tank and it costs about £500 on fuel and £500 on maint tires and MOT a year at £15 £20k on my almost green car compared to leaf no chance. Allow direct mobile updating of Nissan connect, Allow customers to feel wanted and stop doing customer satisfactions as your employees beg us to give good reviews. The car salesman did not care when I said the wife would not like it, the smarter car in the show room was supposed to be same speck?.
I would love a Nissan Aeria but I would not go to that garage it is not about cost.
The car was not charged and they stated I was a special customer but they were late to my appointment and gave me a beat up car.
Nissan you gave me the most fantastic Nissan Micra Tekna 4 years ago I preferred it to my new Lexus and BMW 3 series Compac but your leaf is a relic not fit for anything other than your poor sales people who have obviously just came out of lockdown after depression. :cautious:(n):cautious:(n).

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,425 Posts
He sounds like one of the Leaf haters from Nissan's Facebook page and many of the comments don't make sense.

I suspect the salesman guessed he was a 'glass half empty' customer when he heard that "wife would hate it" .

Why did you even test drive a car your wife would hate and clearly had no intention of buying?

·
Registered
2012 24kw upgraded to 40kw
210 Posts
The worst experience of my life.
I really want an electric car but was put in a white leaf 70 Reg which was said to be Top spec that didn't compare to my Tekna Micra.
The nearest EV charging Pod that is over 5 years old was 10 feet away yet it only gave me options of Nissan dealers no matter what settings I put in.
I have an Electric Motor cycle and am aware an even used the POD in front of me but it was not on the Computer even though it stated it used POD Point.
The hand brake was the same as any automatic petrol car. The reversing was poor and camera and mirrors still required petrol car observation and the reverse sensor did alarm before I hit a car but much of that was the other driver alert by hitting the Horn.
Economy my micra is 800 cc I get over 400mile to a tank and it costs about £500 on fuel and £500 on maint tires and MOT a year at £15 £20k on my almost green car compared to leaf no chance. Allow direct mobile updating of Nissan connect, Allow customers to feel wanted and stop doing customer satisfactions as your employees beg us to give good reviews. The car salesman did not care when I said the wife would not like it, the smarter car in the show room was supposed to be same speck?.
I would love a Nissan Aeria but I would not go to that garage it is not about cost.
The car was not charged and they stated I was a special customer but they were late to my appointment and gave me a beat up car.
Nissan you gave me the most fantastic Nissan Micra Tekna 4 years ago I preferred it to my new Lexus and BMW 3 series Compac but your leaf is a relic not fit for anything other than your poor sales people who have obviously just came out of lockdown after depression. :cautious:(n):cautious:(n).
Disappointed, just a little... ?
I've a question and suggestion for you; you seem to be interested in the 'green' nature of an electric car. But, you've had a grim experience with a dealer and test drive. My suggestion is that you try a used Leaf; the car itself won't be much different but it may not have the issues of a new one that a dealer has yet to sort out. There's reasonable evidence that electric cars may last better than ICE ones (depending on how they are looked after, and they can still have problems... battery degradation, mechanical issues etc). There are some dud ones out there. What you won't get with a used car is the dealer experience and after care (and the positives and negatives associated with that). With some used Leafs, you will still have the Nissan warranty on battery etc. The other thing is that it's generally greener to buy used and then keep the car on the road as long as possible. Of course, this doesn't suit many peoples preference for a nice shiny new car, and perhaps greater reliability (but, maybe this is a hangover from decades ago when cars broke down a lot more than now - and electric ones can be vastly more reliable than ICE ones?). There are also still many folk who prefer the ICE experience rather than the quiet and serene electric experience. It's not a value judgement. It might be worth re-evaluating what your priorities are, and shopping accordingly as there are several good EVs out there (eg try a different Nissan dealer, or BMW/Tesla/Polestar showroom ?). Good luck.

·
845 Posts
Car shopping can be a royal pain, granted.
But if it was "the worst experience of my life" I'd be thanking my lucky stars it was only that I'd had to contend with.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If this rant is anything to go by I am glad I wasn't the member of staff at Nissan that had to deal with him...

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,425 Posts
If this rant is anything to go by I am glad I wasn't the member of staff at Nissan that had to deal with him...
I suspect the salesman soon realised who he was dealing with: they are pretty good at reading body language and detecting time wasters. (an easy way not to buy anything is find faults)
Hence he was described as a ' special customer' .....

·
Banned
367 Posts
If the Leaf Tekna doesn't compare to the Micra Tekna, the gentleman needs new glasses.
The Tekna Leaf is about twice the size of a Micra, has a leather interior, heated seats and steering wheel, Pro Pilot and a backup camera. Add the electric motor and the battery and we're talking about different cars.

I for one am not going to waste my time convincing another troll paid by Tesla or VAG.

If the Leaf doesn't wow you the first time you drive it, especially coming from an ICE, you probably haven't test driven it and are probably paid to spread false gossip about Nissan's EV, like many others.
I wonder how many people are hired for these anti-Nissan EV PR campaigns.

Nissan should also look into hiring a team of anti-PR campaigners against the other brands.
Plenty of call-centers in India that will do the work, right Shannon? Or is it Mumbai?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts