Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I switched off the LEAF but wanted to wind down the windows a bit, so I powered it on, wound down the windows, then powered it off again.

However, the nav. screen then sprung into life. So the car was off, but the nav screen on.

I wonder if this relates in any way to the batteries going flat issue?

Anyone else ever seen this or heard of a similar situation?

2014-04-07 18.09.01.jpg

2014-04-07 18.09.15.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
We went on a bit of a wild goose chase with our screen the other night when Alex was showing me the eco info once the Leaf was plugged in.
I have nothing more to offer, just wanted to let you know it's happened to someone else too!

·
Registered
253 Posts
So the other day I switched off the LEAF but wanted to wind down the windows a bit, so I powered it on, wound down the windows, then powered it off again.

However, the nav. screen then sprung into life. So the car was off, but the nav screen on.

I wonder if this relates in any way to the batteries going flat issue?

Anyone else ever seen this or heard of a similar situation?

View attachment 614

View attachment 615
There are 3 modes. Something like on, ready and off which are cycled if you only press the on button without pressing the brake. So you might have just moved onto the ready mode (the proper names are in the manual). You can't lock the doors though in any mode other than off

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are 3 modes. Something like on, ready and off which are cycled if you only press the on button without pressing the brake. So you might have just moved onto the ready mode (the proper names are in the manual). You can't lock the doors though in any mode other than off
It wasn't that, it was off off, very weird.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean off as in it was all on (as in was driving) then switched off (as in one touch from all on = off), two more presses to get it "on". Was odd, never seen before, or since.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A little glitch with the switch/detection thereof so it thought you double-clicked? I've noticed you can double press quite quickly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A related question regarding the satnav screen. When the car is off the screen sits snugly in its place. As soon as i turn on it whirrs slightly then the bottom protrudes almost 10mm and sits at a slight angle. Does this happen to everyone or is mine special?

·
Registered
142 Posts
A related question regarding the satnav screen. When the car is off the screen sits snugly in its place. As soon as i turn on it whirrs slightly then the bottom protrudes almost 10mm and sits at a slight angle. Does this happen to everyone or is mine special?
You can change the angle of the screen by holding the 'open' button until you hear a beep. I think it cycles between three different angles and flat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts