Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into Nissan Leicester armed with a carwow quote for a 6.6kW Leaf Tekna 30 kWh and ordered one, their quote came in at more than their own carwow quote which they duly matched and I ordered the car.....or so I thought.

There was a catalogue of errors on their part which was almost comical, they never produced an order form that was correct (their "printer was broken"), the car was delivered to Bolton by mistake, they didn't supply the first aid kit etc etc but the fundamental problem is that supplied us with a 3.3kW car. We've rejected the car etc but they won't budge. They say we 'don't need a 6.6kW car". Meanwhile the car is sat on the drive, we're not using it and have kept our ICE. Our choice is move on and accept the mistake or let legal stuff dominate our life while it's sorted.

Our experience of Nissan Leicester is of an impersonal, uncaring, disorganised mess who's keenness to return calls, emails or correct mistakes after ordering our cars disappeared. Avoid

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
If you are going to just move on and accept it then you should at least be compensated the difference between a 3.6kw and 6.6kW car. At the end of the day you haven't received what you paid for.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried to involve Nissan GB. The reply from the dealer and general manager is just nonsense, interestingly they've involved their solicitors straight away so they can see that they're vulnerable. They're just inept, not a single document has the correct name on it, a colleague has a Leaf ordered from them and is almost as unimpressed as we are.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We gave them three options:

Pay us the difference
Swap the car for a 6.6
Give us a refund and take the car back

They can't see its a problem

They exposed my partner to a bullying session with the salesperson and sales manager which left her in tears. It was genuinely disgraceful.

Nissan Leicester bunch of skunks. Shame on you

·
The best there is at what I do
10,652 Posts
Speak to a solicitor and get him/her to take legal action against them, the car is not what you ordered so is unfit for purpose, I wouldn't accept a 3.3kW car as the resale value may be much less when you come to sell in in a few years time.

·
9,719 Posts
Not as ordered, you can reject simple as that. Dealership can not stop you exercising your legal right, if they try a solicitor will sort it out in no time.

Write it down send it recorded delivery, there are plenty of places online that have boilerplate templates for doing this.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,708 Posts
Why did you accept it? Were you unaware of the charge rate option? In that case it is an omitted detail on behalf of them and they have committed a criminal offence, in addition to voiding your contract with them.

... are you sure it is a 30kWh?

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
So sorry to hear this. I had a similar issue with a car I ordered (avoiding details) but fortunately rejected it before driving off. My emails and order details made it very clear it was incorrect and they agreed it was wrong. They did find a correct one, but it took a month.

Your comments re order form are concerning - do you have documentation clearly showing you ordered the 6.6 charger option? If you do then I would return the car and demand a refund. If they won't budge then solicitor it is. Do not be fobbed off.

·
Super Moderator
11,556 Posts
I had to reject a new car once but it never left the dealer so it was fairly painless.

There is about £1700 difference between a 3kW and 6kW Tekna on PCP because RCI got the residuals wrong. I can see why the dealer made the "error" and are pushing back.

If you want to reject, get a solicitor involved. Do you have anything in writing?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,708 Posts
FWIW, if anyone is listening, if you really want to 'buy' your car (difficult to understand these days, TBH) then at least put a deposit on a credit card, and also ask the dealer to provide the minimum amount of credit via a credit deal. All of those people are then targets for your bile and you can reject to any one of them. More opportunities to reject = more chance of rejecting.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Best thing to do in a case like this is take the car back to the dealer, hand them a letter saying you have rejected it and want a full refund, and leave it on their forecourt. If you paid more than £100 on credit card (e.g. you paid some or all of the deposit on card) you can involve the bank under Section 75 rules too.

Remember that if they drag it out you can claim for wasted insurance too. Obviously road tax is zero in this case.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Was it a cash sale or PCP? If the latter, what do RCI think you've purchased? As for 'the printer being broken' how did they print the acceptance/order forms? I'd have been way suspicious long before I collected the car. I got all my docs as a PDF too.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
As above, what paperwork/emails/quotes do you have that says its a 6.6kW charger?

I've been at a dealership and seen something similar, it was a Nissan Micra, mix up with 3/5 door, the sales manager did everything he could to keep them in it and not cancel. It's the nature of the trade, money rules.

Did you discover the problem before you drove away, or did you say you weren't happy and let them know you wanted something doing before you drove away?

It's much harder to sort out once you've taken delivery and done the paperwork, as to some extent, you've 'accepted' the car.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sounds like it was delivered to the house.
If it was delivered to the house and the paperwork hasn't been completed, i'd be waiting a letter to the dealership details your storage costs for THEIR vehicle on your properly, and ask them to remove it ASAP, as you will be billing them monthly for it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I went into Nissan Leicester armed with a carwow quote for a 6.6kW Leaf Tekna 30 kWh and ordered one, their quote came in at more than their own carwow quote which they duly matched and I ordered the car.....or so I thought.

There was a catalogue of errors on their part which was almost comical, they never produced an order form that was correct (their "printer was broken"), the car was delivered to Bolton by mistake, they didn't supply the first aid kit etc etc but the fundamental problem is that supplied us with a 3.3kW car. We've rejected the car etc but they won't budge. They say we 'don't need a 6.6kW car". Meanwhile the car is sat on the drive, we're not using it and have kept our ICE. Our choice is move on and accept the mistake or let legal stuff dominate our life while it's sorted.

Our experience of Nissan Leicester is of an impersonal, uncaring, disorganised mess who's keenness to return calls, emails or correct mistakes after ordering our cars disappeared. Avoid
Hi @Rentagas

We are sorry to hear about your experience at Nissan Leicester. Please inbox us your phone number, email address, postcode and registration number and we will pass this onto our customer care team to investigate further.

Thanks, ^ML

1 - 20 of 49 Posts