Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - bought a Leaf 18 months ago and was told at the time that I could have the loan of a petrol car of needed. Great, I thought! I鈥檝e just requested this for the first time from the dealer I purchased from, and have been told the policy has changed and it is no longer offered 馃槫 Has anyone else had this response from their dealer?

Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
I don't think it has officially been changed, but a lot of dealers are now retracting the offers. I have noticed a lot of them going back on the free rapid charging too, saying that it is either only for customers or for their staff and demo vehicles to use.

The last time I checked, both the free charging and loan car were still on official publications listed on their website. You may just need to push a bit harder, try another dealer of get Nissan themselves involved to remind the dealers of the policies.

EDIT - Yes, This is still hosted on the Nissan website - https://www.nissan.co.uk/content/dam/Nissan/gb/vehicles/leaf/product_code/1_carryover/owner_benefits/EV Customer Promise T&C's 05.02.18.pdf

Registered
An update today following discussion with Nissan Customer Services. Recently been advised by a dealer that they no longer offer this service, so thought that a call to Nissan Customer Services would clarify the situation. It appears that the offer of a loan car NO LONGER APPLIES. When questioned that I could see how this applied to new recent purchases, what about Nissan owners who still have a vehicle under 3 years old, and was again told that the offer of a loan car NO LONGER APPLIES. Questioned as to how Nissan could just change this for existing owners and was told that if I emailed customer service they would reply. They did say that this offer of a loan car was only open for 3 years, but the T & C seem to state "Only available during the first 3 years of ownership of a new Nissan Electric Vehicle". Maybe it varies from dealer to dealer, will wait to see their response and what is confirmed.
I have e mailed them today and await their response, but if they confirm that they have altered the original T & C does that mean they can also change the T & C for battery warranty ?

(Thankyou to 80698 above for the copy of the T & C)

Registered
According to Nissan Customer Services the offer of a loan car has been discontinued, and no longer applies.
They also state that Nissan reserves the right to amend, modify or withdraw any or all of its commitments at its discretion.
If anyone finds out different to the above please can they update this post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts