Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Not an EV, but I saw the Nissan Pulsar for the first time earlier and the first thing that struck me was that it looked like the Leaf. That's pretty much what a "mainstream" Leaf would look like (the goal for the new generation of Leaf), which leaves a few questions, will the Leaf look like that (meaning you end up with the same car but with an old fashioned drivetrain it's a "Pulsar" and with a modern drivetrain it's a "Leaf"?) or does the Leaf need to look different to that to differentiate itself (in which case how can they make it look more "mainstream" without losing it's identity or getting too close to a Pulsar?) or as a further option does "Leaf" disappear and become "Pulsar" with a modern drivetrain (and how does Nissan deal with the pricing to not make the electric Pulsar seem poor value for money?)

Some digging and thinking to do.

What do the rest of you think?

Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option

Driving yet another EV!
I was shocked by this (and not just by the awful video ad things!)

VW have decided that electric drive will be key to their future and every model will end up with versions that are either pure-electric, plug-in-hybrid or both.

Nissan have had a few years resting on their EV laurels and have now launched a totally new model that doesn't even have a hybrid option let alone a plug-in of any kind! It's like they've given up.

Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option

Registered
I was expecting the next major announcement would more likely be an electric Qashqai.

I thought they had binned the C-segment and replaced it with the Qashqai forever. Even mercedes has just released a c-segment crossover so I am lost as to why they have decided to go back to producing a car in this space.

Maybe someone somewhere has said look at all these c-segment leafs we are selling imagine how many more we could sell with an ice in them (joke)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts