Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else received a letter from Nissan saying they got the V5 wrong? We had a PCP with owned battery. Nissan said they got it wrong, received a new V5, and now at the end of the agreement we've found that the flex battery agreement they changed it to has devalued the car by about £3K. We don't actually have a separate battery agreement. Are they allowed to do this?

·
Registered
93 Posts
You bought a car from a dealer that happened to be on PCP finance.

What does the purchase paperwork say that you bought from the dealer? Or imply that you bought based on its list price at the time of purchase?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
That doesn't sound right at all. If you haven't signed a battery lease you don't pay for it (and RCI wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they tried to make you).. so I'm not sure how it would work to have a flex car with no lease.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like an error. RCI are awash with returned cars, and the lady I spoke to there yesterday said that flex cars needed the most financial support from Nissan when returned as their value was so much less than book. So why would Nissan want to create another one...?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Has anyone else received a letter from Nissan saying they got the V5 wrong? We had a PCP with owned battery. Nissan said they got it wrong, received a new V5, and now at the end of the agreement we've found that the flex battery agreement they changed it to has devalued the car by about £3K. We don't actually have a separate battery agreement. Are they allowed to do this?
Hi Frances,

Thank you for your question. If you'd like us to pass this onto our customer care team to investigate, please inbox us with the following information:

1. Phone number
2. Email address
3. Postcode
4. Registration number
5. short overview of the issue.

Thanks, ^ML

·
Super Moderator
11,714 Posts
Has anyone else received a letter from Nissan saying they got the V5 wrong?
Yes - our first LEAF was a Flex car with a battery lease. Nissan sent us a new V5 that showed the car as flex.

But we were in a different situation. We knew we bought a Flex car and I signed a battery rental agreement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts