Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to turn off that left panel completely on the SatNav? I've been able to change the view so you see the directions list, or the junction but honestly, I preferred the old one we had in the Qashqai, where the left panel only appeared on the Motorway for lane splits. Taking up 50% of the screen every junction just gets annoying.

(I know we can use GMaps or Waze, but my Wife likes the pop-up on the driver panel which you get with the Nissan software and don't get with the 3rd party apps)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to turn off that left panel completely on the SatNav? I've been able to change the view so you see the directions list, or the junction but honestly, I preferred the old one we had in the Qashqai, where the left panel only appeared on the Motorway for lane splits. Taking up 50% of the screen every junction just gets annoying.

(I know we can use GMaps or Waze, but my Wife likes the pop-up on the driver panel which you get with the Nissan software and don't get with the 3rd party apps)
Afraid I've no idea how to do that - or even if it's possible.

But why bother ? When you're approaching a junction at which you want to leave, it might be useful to see an enlarged plan of the junction. If you're driving straight past a junction there's no real need to look at satnav screen - indeed you'd be better off concentrating your attention on making sure that 'leavers' don't change their mind and pull back in front of you or that 'joiners' don't run into you !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts